BSOD in XTC mode

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Wolferich

Re: BSOD in XTC mode

Post by Wolferich »

Unfortunately I was right with my distrust. Today again BSOD and there was definitely no change on the system since the last time XTC was running well. I assume now that there might be a hardware issue with one of my Pulsar boards. I will try to identify the board that makes trouble by removing them one by one. Most probably its the one that carries all my licenses :-(
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure, you can use the XTC forum for that.
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

Last development: I changed the sample rate setting in Cubase from 24 bit to 16 bit and for the moment the XTC-plug ins again started to work. Nevertheless, I will Need somemore time to see wether the System will now be stable for a longer term. ... to be continued ( or hopefully not).
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

... and it happened again. In the meantime I assume ist a codec failure from some unwanted background installation. Good that I made severL Bxkups, bad that myhomeserver fails. Thanks to Murphy.
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

... and it happened again. In the meantime I assume ist a codec failure from some unwanted background installation. Good that I made severL Bxkups, bad that myhomeserver fails. Thanks to Murphy.
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

Checked out everything a hundred times and the assumed codec issue was a problem with itunes that was uncorrectly deinstalled. This problem is correctsd.

Nevertheless, sometimes the XTC Modus still crashes and sometimes not. It seems, that if XTC-mode runs on a day, than I can switch the System off and on several times and the behaviour on that day stays either stable or crashy. Next day things might look different again. I have no more idea exept that it is a weird hardware problem.

I would try changing some of my cards but the key for Scope 5 is only registered on one Card, which according to Murphy will be the faulty one (if so).