Win 10 - scope driver does not work since recent update

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ripper

Re: Win 10 - scope driver does not work since recent update

Post by Ripper »

ikemhla wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:42 pm
Reaper has not suggested any codecs, it works OK.
Not that Reaper, but THIS Ripper suggested, this:
Go to services ->Restart Audio Service and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and check if it fixed the issue.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm sorry, what version of Scope was that? i see it's win10

i guess what is confusing is the description, because some apps work and some don't. i keep seeing the title "Scope driver does not work since recent update", even though that's not you, at 12:30 am it looks like you.

are you changing projects or adding or subtracting ASIO modules with the windows ASIO app open?

are you trying to use 2 different ASIO apps at the same time?

Scope doesn't support ANY codecs. it's not a Windows Soundcard, although it can work like one. the Windows suggestions are pointless, as far as Scope goes. the media player won't play all formats and will flag you for a codec(media player uses codecs). Windows has Groove and a movie player that may play what media player will not, but you can just download and install VLC, which plays pretty much everything. that's a lot easier than codec packs.

there are a few apps that Scope cannot work with, because of the way that they initialize the driver. basically, the apps make queries to the Soundcard, but since Scope hardware isn't a soundcard(it's external audio hardware), it cannot respond(Scope is not setup in an ASIO control panel like a soundcard). that may or may not be the case here. if it is, you can use Reaper's ReaRoute or Voicemeeter from VB Audio to distribute the Scope ASIO driver. this would work with multiple apps using the Scope ASIO driver as well, since ReaRoute and Voicemeeter both see the Scope driver and then provide a virtual ASIO driver to other apps.
ikemhla

Post by ikemhla »

Hi,

(i guess what is confusing is the description, because some apps work and some don't. i keep seeing the title "Scope driver does not work since recent update", even though that's not you, at 12:30 am it looks like you.)

I m sorry about that. I should have taken your initial advice and started a new thread with a different title. My apologies.

(are you changing projects or adding or subtracting ASIO modules with the windows ASIO app open?

are you trying to use 2 different ASIO apps at the same time?)

I am not doing any of that.

(i'm sorry, what version of Scope was that? i see it's win10)

Scope 5.1 PCI

( Windows has Groove and a movie player that may play what media player will not, but you can just download and install VLC, which plays pretty much everything. that's a lot easier than codec packs.)

I ve tried vlc and groove.
They are playin without any sound output.

Thanx. I will try what you have suggested.

Regards

Ike
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Are you using 44.1k sample rate in scope? if not, try that.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
garyb

Post by garyb »

ok. if it's v5.1, then the problem with the wave driver is exactly what Ripper mentioned.

open Scope and make sure that the wave source and dest modules are in the routing window.
right click the windows logo and choose "run".
type "services.msc", hit enter.
in the list of services find Windows Audio. right click and choose "restart".
do the same for Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.

your problems with stand-alone apps is likely as i wrote earlier. the apps are written for consumers and they want to control a soundcard, which isn't possible. those apps will either need to use Wave drivers or something like ReaRoute or Voicemeeter.