Some questions on upgrading to 5.1

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nipp&patt

Some questions on upgrading to 5.1

Post by nipp&patt »

Hallo,
I have an Intel DP35DP based PC running 2 x Pulsar II 6 dsp on XP 32 bit; the first card I bought had a 3.1 software the second was sold to me as a 5.0 version but I only found a 4.5 software on old seller' s DVD, so actually they run well togheter with STDM cables and 4.5.
Now I would make a new system based on Win7 64bit.
1) Is there a way to discover my second card really was registered with a 5.0 software? This way upgrade to 5.1 would be a little less expensive...
2) Anyone have a similar system based on this motherboard? Issues?

Expanding the new system would add an M-Audio prolight bridge connected via firewire also.
Could this cause a conflict?

Thanks very much
garyb

Re: Some questions on upgrading to 5.1

Post by garyb »

the FW device should be fine, but it really won't integrate into Scope, although you can connect both through ADAT. why buy this? you can already get 16 i/o via ADAT with the card. you can find another card and get 32 channels. all you need is an AD/DA with lightpipe. i wouldn't expect any significant problems, though. you will need to be sure that FW and the Scope cards don't share an IRQ, but that shouldn't be too hard.

your other questions....
1. no. if you don't have the keyfile, the card doesn't have v5. PCI cards which were made by Creamware(all of them) are not registered at SonicCore. pm me and i can probably help you with the upgrade.

2. DP35DP motherboards were one of the most popular boards for Scope at one time. it's a very good motherboard and it should give you no serious problems.
nipp&patt

Post by nipp&patt »

Many thanks. I use now 3 optical ins/outs of the 2 cards connected to a Tascam MX2424 and after the DA section to an analog mixer. Friend of mine made me a gift of another MX plus the Lightbridge. So I could double tracks to 48/48khz or have 24/96khz using 2 different DA sections. All tracks from Cubase via ASIO to 2 Pulsar (up to 24 or 32 tracks optical) plus others to M-Audio.
garyb

Post by garyb »

you can't use two different ASIO drivers in the same Cubase project, afaik....
nipp&patt

Post by nipp&patt »

Maybe Asio4all? Anyway I need 5.1 for other reasons too like increasing RAM that's not possibile on XP 32 bit...
Do you know if MAS in Motu's Digital Performer let setting different audio devices under Win7?
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i don't, but i would expect this to be a bad solution. you're better off finding another card to add to your existing card, if you need more i/o imo.
nipp&patt

Post by nipp&patt »

My PC configuration is:

1) Hard disk with XP 32
2) Hard disk with Win 7 64

when installing 5.1 on Win 7 will 4.5 still available on XP or upgrading is something firmware related so could have trouble with old software?

Thanks