Very odd behaviour with sonar platinum ASIO out

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Very odd behaviour with sonar platinum ASIO out

Post by bosone »

I have just upgraded to sonar platinum and i have a very odd behaviour with the audio out.

I have ASIO multichannel out, routed to the STM mixer.

basically, if i set up sonar ASIO driver out, no matter what i do, the *Second* Sonar left channel audio out does not work.

it is not a problem of scope routing window. i have tried to change STM mixer channel, to route things differently, to change latency and even ASIO source/dest module in SFP window

the problem seems to be in sonar.

in the "preferences" audio window, when you set up the out driver, the second audio out that i select only work with the right channel, the left channel is always mute. this happens even if i uncheck several audio out in sonar. the *second* one that is checked is *always* with left channel muted.

honestly i don't know what to do, if not some workaround in SFP window...
t_tangent

Re: Very odd behaviour with sonar platinum ASIO out

Post by t_tangent »

Hi bosone, first thing I would do is create a new scope project and just add Asio modules and then try sonar and see if that works with bare minimum. Sometimes just working out a bit at a tim and start right back at beginning and follow through each step to see where problem is. Sorry I can't help more as I don't use sonar, but hope someone else can help more
bosone

Re: Very odd behaviour with sonar platinum ASIO out

Post by bosone »

maybe i was able to solve
the problem was in sonar project, not in scope.
i have a very big template, migrated from sonar 8.5 to sonar platinum.

for some reason, if i loaded a blank sonar project the asio out worked correctly.
if i load my template, the second asio out won't work.

so i removed all the asio lines from scope project, and left only 1 asio source in SFP.

then i loaded the scope project, saved it, close it.

i added more asio sources in SFP, reloaded the template, and eveything seems ok now...