Minimax no sound output on Scope PCI cards

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

t_tangent

Minimax no sound output on Scope PCI cards

Post by t_tangent »

Hi,

Just tried using Minimax in a track and it is not outputting any sound when using Midi in from either a hardware midi source module or sequencer midi source module. I can see the midi input light working on the Minimax when I send it a midi signal, but no sound.

I have tried restarting my system, restarting everyrthing in the studio, and also tried just swapping Minimax with several other Scope synth devices and they all work fine, but if I load up Minimax again I get no sound once more.

But the strange thing is if I open up and connect the midi keyboard module to the Minimax then it plays fine and I get sound.

Just for comparison, I also have an XITE-1 connected to same PC but running on seperate Scope XITE OS platform, and Minimax works as it should on that.

It looks to me like some midi related dsp file might be corrupted or missing, but not sure. Only thing I have done lately is install the free Ocean Swift devices on my PCI setup, but I dont think that is the issue as I have the full version of those devices on the XITE-1.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Just tried reloading it again a few times. It seems to work sometimes if I keep trying to reload it. Not sure why exactly as it seems quite random. But after a few attempts I got sound output. I guess there must be a dodgy dsp or sys file that relates to Minimax. Will try to figure out some more but again, if anyone has come across this, please advise. Thanks
JoPo

Re: Minimax no sound output on Scope PCI cards

Post by JoPo »

Maybe the project is corrupted... You should try another one.

If it does the same with any empty new project, you could run the installer again, this had some result for me on some equivalent issue.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Thanks for the reply JoPo, I will try those 2 suggestions and will let you know how I get on. Cheers.
t_tangent

Re: Minimax no sound output on Scope PCI cards (SOLVED)

Post by t_tangent »

Solved the issue thanks to the advice from Jopo, and here is what I did

Instead of rebuilding the whole project from new, I just removed the Scope MIDI A Source module from the Routing window since that seemed to be the source of the problem (no pun intended) I then saved the project, which happens to be my default start up project, so I opened Scope Program Settings - Projects, and selected Save Project as Default, and also Save Project as Startup. This will overwrite the older project files.

I then simply addred the Scope MIDI A Source module back into the Routing Window and again saved the Project as above.

Now when I add Minimax to the project it works as it should.

So thanks for the ideas Jopo. Much appreciated :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Great ! It's often, in Scope, one have to find a workaround... Especially when one experiments a lot with exotic devices ! The other day, I used the awesome Mooxer from Cw (Roy's device) and added a modular shell in its fx insert... After that, the project was crashing when I wanted to load it. :evil:

But : I deleted the mooxer in the Scope path ; when you do that and load the project, you get a window that ask you where you put the device (of course : I deleted it, Scope couldn't find it anymore) , first, I abort to load Mooxer, then the project was able to load, then reload mooxer in the project and called the preset... Then, in the window that ask you where you put the device, I indicated it where was its new location, and the project was able to load !! :P

This can happen also with huge modular patch : the project crashes when loading.. I do the same workaround. With corrupted project, there is always a workaround : try to remember which device you added last time that could corrupt the project, change its location (put it in a folder that is not in the "search path") , then indicate the new location when loading the project.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Some useful tips there Jopo, yes workarounds are necessary from time to time, and retracing the path back in a project is often the most logical way to fault find.
Anyway thanks again, and have a great weekend.

Cheers