Scope Issues

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JonJ

Scope Issues

Post by JonJ »

I am currently attempting to run a dual card system consisting of an original Scope Pulsar card - 3DSP and a Pulsar 2 card 6 DSP controlled by Scope 5.1 software. Cards are housed in a Startech expansion box connected to main PC on which I run Reason piped out through an EMU 1212m card. Scope output is fed into a Behringer Ultragain ADAT box and into EMU 1212 which then goes into Reason via routing on EMU Patchmix

On startup Scope system works fine. Midi from Reason drives synth models in Scope and output is piped back through ADAT into Reason mixed via EMU Patchmix as I intended. After about 15mins the PC locks up completely and omits continuous drone, which changes pitch randomly. Despite all efforts I can't seem to stop this happening. Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening and what I can do to stop this before I give up and give up on Scope Cards. Didn't happen when I only had one card so I suspect it might be something to do with that. Interestingly Reason won't start if Scope is started first.?
sunmachine

Re: Scope Issues

Post by sunmachine »

The Startech Expansion box might be the cause of the issues.
According to Gary, these boxes are only working properly with one card.
See here: http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... 21#p321421
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Is it the 499$ Startech expansion box ? At that price, you could have an ancient 3 or 4 pci slot computer and run your 2 card and even buy one more and be sure they will run.. And wire the 2 system via ADAT, or ethernet. I'm using Vienna ensemble pro with 2 pc and it works pretty well... One pc with 3 pci cards and the other with Xite.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
JonJ

Post by JonJ »

It is a Startech one but I picked it up very cheap on account of not having a proper box. It worked well with one card but I got the second Pulsar 2 to increase the power of the system to something a little more usable. Shame it can't seem to work Ok with two cards. Guess I'll try picking up a second hand PC with 2+ PCI slots and give that a whirl. I was trying to get everything into one box but I guess two isn't that bad. At least I can run both using same keyboard and mouse using Dual Controller software that is available for my monitor. Will have to get the old midi cables out to allow Reason to drive Scope cards through EMU midi out.
garyb

Post by garyb »

it most likely IS the Startech box, but what about IRQ sharing?