PCI MASTER OVERLOAD

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ta7

Re: PCI MASTER OVERLOAD

Post by ta7 »

Cool Gary. Thanks.
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hi Astroman Hi Gary,
Unfortunately it did not work with the Luna2 card. respectively if I install the card and start sope, than scope is resetting again and again. It is very crazy. If I take out the card, it is feeling better but not perfect. The stupid is when I did not have the Luna there, ran all actually quite stable. Since then I have experimented with the Luna, the problem occurs more or less. where I now rather believe that it is up to the graphics card. because I also noticed that if I have the drivers for the graphics card is not installed it runs pretty much the most stable. I watched now times in the hardware settings. There I saw that the Pulsar1 shares the IRQ16 to the graphics card. Could that be the problem?

Cheers Tomas
astroman

Post by astroman »

whenever you add/switch cards IRQs may be re-assigned
as you got the Luna 2nd hand you probably can't exclude that it's faulty
in the Asus docs there is a page about the IRQ slot assignment, which lists the sharing (iirc)
I would leave out the Pulsars for a moment and just install the Luna
use the slot that doesn't share with the graphic card
if you startup with only the Luna (copy the keyfile to a location from where it's easy to import) the system may load/request additional drivers
usually it already has them in the system directory and just needs to activate them
after a reboot Scope should start with just the Luna
if it does, check that the Luna doesn't share with important parts
the plugin the Pulsars...

best of luck, Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

it sounds like the Luna card may be faulty.

a screenshot of any error messages that you may have received would be helpful to diagnose the problem, otherwise, we're just shooting in the dark.

did you use an S/TDM cable to connect both cards?
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hi guys. I'll leave it as it is just in my system (Pulsar1+SRB1) . So it runs acceptable. I think it's up to the graphics card if the errors appear with any graphics card , more or less . ( I did it with three graphics cards tested ) . the graphics card , with which it works best in taking a one PCI slot away . so I have to renounce the Luna ( if it is not broken).
garyb wrote: ...a screenshot of any error messages that you may have received would be helpful to diagnose the problem, otherwise, we're just shooting in the dark.
the problem is, there is no error message but you kan see it when you call the sample rate settings . The card turns off and on again. the 44.1kHz indicator goes off and then back on. And this happens when I load a device or click on a device in the project . I can deal with it when I go from master to slave and load some devices and then go on master again . Then you can work in peace on. This behavior , however, varies with the graphics card and the PCIe slot where it 's inside . If the Luna is pluded in nothing is more possible . the system turns off and on. Continuously. As stated in the current constellation the system is running best. And I think I let it first.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sounds like the new card is not working correctly.
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hello you two. Absolutely Unbelievable but true . It runs. Namely properly. What I 've done is , I've replaced the hard drive . Apparently the Previous was broken . All three cards are in and it works awsome. Besides the MasterVerb test . More than 5 to 7 , I can not load .But at the operation there was previously not an error message and the cards have not turned on and again . Awsome.
Puhh. And I thought really the cards are broken.
Thanks guys for your help.

:)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)

yes, it takes the whole computer to work properly.... :lol:
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Wow! I never would have thought of the drive. :o
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
astroman

Post by astroman »

neither would I ... creepy stuff :D

cheers, Tom
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hi everyone I 'm back :D
After the problem occurred again and again, I had bought me another mainboard. A Asrock G31M-GS R2.0 for 9,-€ :). And it works excellent without any error message or self initialization .

the only things that are not run correctly: if sts playback a beat than they are stutters and sometime crackles.
And
if I set the lowest latency in the ulli settings , the delay effect in scope is running out of the audio signal. When i set the lowest latency, then everything works fine.

In the attachment are to exsamples.

Cheers.