'Pulsar2 Analog Dest' is not appropriate for your hardware

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

medway

'Pulsar2 Analog Dest' is not appropriate for your hardware

Post by medway »

Hi I've had an issue with my Pulsar2/Luna combo for years now.

When I try loading Scope I get the error in the subject along with further errors of other hardware modules on the Pulsar2 not being found (MIDI, Spdif).

Initially I thought it was down to the cable to I created my own STDM but the problem still persists. I manage to get around the error a variety of ways, wiggling the board, cleaning the contact area, or reseating the STDM cable.

Sometimes just waiting an hour while the computer is on is enough to do it. Or simply reloading Scope over and over until it successfully connects. I can go months without it being a problem and then weeks where everyday it pops up.

This has gone on now for at least 4-5 years but costs me lots of time trying to get it to work each time.

Any ideas on what else I could try or is it just a heat issue? I have a feeling it seems to work better in colder months.

Cheers
medway

Re: 'Pulsar2 Analog Dest' is not appropriate for your hardwa

Post by medway »

In fact I posted this today because I had tried off and on for a couple of hours to get it to boot. In the past I've noticed wiggling the board seems to help the most.

Usually I do it to the Luna board but tried both especially the Pulsar2 and it finally loaded ok.

Forgot to mention I'm on Win 7 64 now but this also happened on XP and over two computers so I don't think it's OS or mobo related.
garyb

Post by garyb »

clean all the gold contacts with either a good commercial contact cleaner or 99% pure alcohol. do NOT use less than 99% pure alcohol.

also, when you clean the contacts, CAREFULLY remove the 4 nylon screws holding the i/o board to the Pulsar2 and lift and re-seat(carefully) the i/o card.
medway

Post by medway »

garyb wrote:clean all the gold contacts with either a good commercial contact cleaner or 99% pure alcohol. do NOT use less than 99% pure alcohol.

also, when you clean the contacts, CAREFULLY remove the 4 nylon screws holding the i/o board to the Pulsar2 and lift and re-seat(carefully) the i/o card.
Thanks, will give that a shot.