XITE Error

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

grappa

XITE Error

Post by grappa »

Hi all,

Hope someone can advise on the following errors I've begun seeing regularly on my Scope environment.

System will be running fine and then for no apparent reason I am getting an error stating that there was an issue with copy protection. Scope will then throw some DSP limit errors and ultimately crash.

On restart of the DAW all will run fine for a period and then this reoccurs. Not doing anything differently that I've always done..

Any ideas?

Regards,

Simon
petal

Re: XITE Error

Post by petal »

You are not alone! It is very annoying.

It is speculated that communication between computer and the XITE is interrupted for some reason.

The proposed solution is to, reseat the HDMI-cable, try another HDMI-cable and maybe also reseat the PCI-card in your computer.

Perrsonally I get a lot of these errors, when playing games, so maybe the video-driver plays a role as well, but exactly how, I have no idea.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

grappa wrote:Hi all,

Hope someone can advise on the following errors I've begun seeing regularly on my Scope environment.

System will be running fine and then for no apparent reason I am getting an error stating that there was an issue with copy protection. Scope will then throw some DSP limit errors and ultimately crash.

On restart of the DAW all will run fine for a period and then this reoccurs. Not doing anything differently that I've always done..

Any ideas?

Regards,

Simon
I had the copy protection error only once and since april 2012 where I bought XITE-1 new.
Reseating the HDMI cable was the solution.

DSP warnings in regards running out of communication channels between DSP #X and DSP #Y are possible always,- depending on which devices you load using the auto DSP assignment routine of SCOPE/XITE or doing manual DSP assignment.
Try understanding what happens on XITE DSPs when loading stuff,- watch the DSP meter,- the DSP load as well as sync and Async.
You´ll recognize you almost never run out of DSP power even the warnig text tells "the limit of your DSP capacity is reached".
Read all the text, it tells you something like "there are no more SAT connections between (p.ex.) DSP #5 and #9"

I sometimes have the impression these warnings are not very precise anyway.
2 days ago I got the SAT connection error between DSP #5 and #9,- but there wasn´t anything loaded at all on DSP #9.
DSP #5 is the communication DSP for DSP #9 in DSP slot 3.

Weird stuff ...

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
grappa

Post by grappa »

Thanks all.

I'll check all of the hardware is seated correctly and review the HDMI cable interconnect and see if this helps...

Regards,

Simon
dawman

Post by dawman »

I also was getting that more and more since Windows 8.1.
I was having issues from 6+ years of road work and years
of 6 nights a week gigs, not to mention practice time during
the day.
New PCI-e 1X with new style cable is working out great so far.
Below are the old style HDMI.
New card is slightly different and cable is using
2 x small ends instead of 1 with the bigger connector.
DSC_0200.JPG
DSC_0200.JPG (337.13 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

if reseating everything doesn't help, try a new HDMI cable. get a good one, not a bargain cable. many HDMI cables seem to be pretty poor quality in general.
dawman

Post by dawman »

The Gold one you sent me with the PCI-e 1X card is shorter and obviously higher quality than my favorite Chinese brand from Radio Shack.
Recently realized I could take every part inside a Radio Shack store and not even build an AM Reciever.
garyb

Post by garyb »

there aren't any more Radio Shacks here...
David

Post by David »

garyb wrote:there aren't any more Radio Shacks here...
It is a sad shame for the company that brought us computers and ended up selling our personal information
grappa

Post by grappa »

Thanks all.

I'll try a shorter high quality HDMI cable first and then look at potentially replacing the PCI-x card if it's still occurring - do we know of a 'preferred' model/manufacturer for this?

Regards,

Simon
garyb

Post by garyb »

SonicCore for the PCIe card...
for the cable, well, it can be reasonably inexpensive, just don't buy the absolute cheapest one available. if there's a choice, buy the better cable. the length alone shouldn't be an issue.
grappa

Post by grappa »

Thanks Gary