Scope Mixer Mono - Pre or post fade?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Scope Mixer Mono - Pre or post fade?

Post by Music Manic »

I've been using my Brainworx M/S 2 as and insert on the master buss of the Scope STM 2448. I've found that it behave differently as an insert than it does as an external plugin?

I loaded the Brainworx and solo'd the mono and stereo but when I mono'd the output of the mixer the stereo information didn't cancel. When I loaded the Brainworx MS to receive the audio out of the mixer before it went to my analogue outs everything behaved as it should. Mono from the mixer cancelled the Stereo info and soloing the mono and stereo on the Brainworx behaved at it would in a DAW.

What is the routing of the master mixer? Does it mono before the inserts? That would explain the problem.

Thanks
Last edited by Music Manic on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Re: Scope Mixer Mono - Pre or post fade?

Post by garyb »

no, that seems strange.

do you mean that when you solo the mono section of the eq, that the stereo section doesn't mute?
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

garyb wrote:no, that seems strange.

do you mean that when you solo the mono section of the eq, that the stereo section doesn't mute?
No I mean the mono of the scope mixer out that's on the master buss. It should cancel the stereo info right? The MS plugin works as it should as an external plugin after the mixer out but behaves differently as an insert. I will take a pic to show the setup.
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i don't think so. it should just mono the output of the mix bus, but it shouldn't cancel anything.