Live 9.5 64 bit not able to load XITE-1 (SOLVED)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

zerocrossing

Live 9.5 64 bit not able to load XITE-1 (SOLVED)

Post by zerocrossing »

[edit] Ableton suggested running Live in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Worked!

Got the XITE-1 up and running this morning with Gary but we slammed into a bit of a problem. No matter what we were not able to get Live to see the XITE-1. Or I should say, it sees it to the point where it is an option in the ASIO device pref window, but when you choose it you get an error: "The SCOPE application is not running or ASIO source and ASIO dest modules are not included in your project." I can get MIDI into the XITE-1 to trigger instruments and monitor them in Scope.

I downloaded Reaper and I can get audio out of Scope into it. Reaper seems to have issues with using the XITE-1 as a MIDI device, but this could be because Live didn't give up the connection.

Another odd thing that I can't quite sort out is that all the Scope instruments seem to be monophonic. Doesn't matter if I pump MIDI directly into the XITE-1 or route it from Live.

I got to run now, but if anyone's got some insight, I'm all ears. (er.. eyes)

Thanks.
Last edited by zerocrossing on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Arkadin

Re: Live 9.5 64 bit not able to load XITE-1 as an ASIO devic

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Don't know about the Live issue, but I have used Reaper successfully in the past, I think others use it quite successfully. All I can suggest is make sure you use ASIO2 modules and make sure you have the number of ASIO channels you require set up in the Scope project before loading Live: do not try to add more ASIO channels in Scope after loading your DAW.

The polyphony thing: have you actually tried increasing the number of voices of the instrument? Most instruments default to one voice so as not to overload the project on loading, then you increase the voice count from Scope's Live Bar.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

If the newer Asio module isn't being seen then try the older one. There are more than one Asio module. Make sure the Asio source has the correct destination module that matches. Make sure SCOPE is launched with all modules in place before you open Live.

In Sonar there is a option called "share drivers with other Apps" that Sonar users check, don't know if Ableton or your other Apps have this?

There are other Live users here that might be able to help if my suggestions have already been tried. Hopefully they'll chime in.

EDITED
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Although I do not have this problem with the latest Live betas I have had it at times in other programs. Having matching Scope ASIO ins and outs is numero one important. I find ASIO2-32 Source 64 and ASIO2 Dest 64 work the best for me. That came about through some trial and error as I recall and Gary was in on that, as usual. Another thing I have found is sometimes using ASIO4ALL or even loading another driver like WASAPI first and then loading the ASIO driver after will work. Seems to goose the ASIO driver connection. Sometimes I've had to close the native app with the ASIO4ALL or WASAPI driver loaded and then re-open it to select the SCOPE ASIO driver for it to work. After that closing and opening the program got the ASIO. No guarantees here and I trust that with Gary on the case you may have already gotten as far as you possibly can!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I'm on Win 8.1 x86, and with Live 9.5 can use either ASIO 1 - 64 or ASIO2 devices. Any change to sample rate must be done in scope, then open Live, that can't be done from within Live.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

jksuperstar wrote:I'm on Win 8.1 x86, and with Live 9.5 can use either ASIO 1 - 64 or ASIO2 devices. Any change to sample rate must be done in scope, then open Live, that can't be done from within Live.
Thanks for that. I'll try those. I did try loading other drivers and then switching back, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Note, I am using the 64 bit version of Live. I thought Scope was 64 bit, but I guess it's only the driver. I'm downloading a 32 bit version of Live right now to see if that makes a difference.
garyb

Post by garyb »

64bit Live should work fine with 64bit Scope. i have seen some evidence that Live has issues with multiple ASIO drivers and that the 64bit Live can refuse drivers when the 32bit version works. the problem appears to be with permissions and the way Live deals with permissions, if you believe the link i sent over from the Ableton forums.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I am using 32bit Live. I think Ableton still recommends sticking to the 32bit version, and then you can use jbridge for VSTs that may need more memory than 4GB.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

garyb wrote:64bit Live should work fine with 64bit Scope. i have seen some evidence that Live has issues with multiple ASIO drivers and that the 64bit Live can refuse drivers when the 32bit version works. the problem appears to be with permissions and the way Live deals with permissions, if you believe the link i sent over from the Ableton forums.
Yeah, I saw that and changed the permissions of the registry file as recommended and it made no difference. I've tried uninstalling my MOTU drivers, that did nothing. I even tried a solution I found that talked about moving the aiso .dll files out of their folder quitting and relaunching Scope and Live and then putting them back... no change.

I sent an email to Ableton customer support to see if they have any wisdom, but you know them. of course they're going to blame Sonic Core's drivers.
garyb

Post by garyb »

they can fix it.

there are too many people using Live right here for it not to work.
garyb

Post by garyb »

also just fyi-

the Scope app being 32bit has nothing to do with this issue. the Scope app is merely a gui for you, and something to load the DSPs in the configuration that you wish. the Scope app is not involved in the actual audio. the Scope driver, which is 64bit handles the audio and midi going to the XITE and to windows, not the Scope app.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

No word back from Ableton yet, but for fun I downloaded Bitwig and Sonar. Bitwig wouldn't let me turn on it's audio engine when connected to the XITE-1, but Sonar seemed fine.

One thing I couldn't quite figure out is how I can get audio out of Sonar back into the XITE-1 for monitoring via the headphone out.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Not surprised about Bitwig. It seems not to be a good option because of PortAudio I think.

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... =portaudio
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

zerocrossing wrote:One thing I couldn't quite figure out is how I can get audio out of Sonar back into the XITE-1 for monitoring via the headphone out.
In my case I just ASIO bus all of the outputs of my DAW to a Scope mixer. I then have the stereo mix of that lot going to my analogue output. In your case you need to have the 'Phones Dest' module loaded in the Scope project.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

Mr Arkadin wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:One thing I couldn't quite figure out is how I can get audio out of Sonar back into the XITE-1 for monitoring via the headphone out.
In my case I just ASIO bus all of the outputs of my DAW to a Scope mixer. I then have the stereo mix of that lot going to my analogue output. In your case you need to have the 'Phones Dest' module loaded in the Scope project.
Thanks. That did the trick. Not sure why I had a hard time wrapping my head sounds that one.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

I was digging around and I just realized that I have the XITE-1 black edition... could there be some difference in this edition's hardware that might need a specific driver, or is it just black?
petal

Post by petal »

Pictures or it ain't real!

Jokes aside - I'm 99.9999% that the hardware is identical to the normal versions of the XITE :)
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

I'm even 99.99999999% sure :wink:
I'd say it's just black. Maybe even inside the box. :D
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

It's a limited edition. You are a lucky Scoper. I'll wait until they have it in navy blue. That's my favourite colour :D

-Tom
petal

Post by petal »

Maybe SonicCore should introduce a pink version, so we could get a better man/woman balance on the platform :)