Live 9.5 64 bit not able to load XITE-1 (SOLVED)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

tlaskows

Re: Live 9.5 64 bit not able to load XITE-1 as an ASIO devic

Post by tlaskows »

Yes, that's an ugly rack. I'll call it disaster.

-Tom
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

tlaskows wrote:Yes, that's an ugly rack. I'll call it disaster.

-Tom
It did this super cool thing, and was cheap.. It's pitch shifter was good and if you controlled feedback time and feedback amound with one pedal, and pitch shift amount with another, you could make this amazing ambient washes. A year after I'd been doing it I saw Robert Fripp do the exact same thing... though with much nicer gear. (Eventide) Other than that... it was basically crap for good guitar tone.

Shall we go back on topic? Let's!

I finally heard back from Ableton support. They bumped me up to level 2 support and that guy suggested I try running Live in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Worked like a charm!
tlaskows

Re: Live 9.5 64 bit not able to load XITE-1 (SOLVED)

Post by tlaskows »

That's great!

Yes, eventide is nice. I got rid of UAD-2 and bought the Anthology-X and it's amazing man.

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's very cool that it's working.
i'm surprised that this hasn't come up sooner. in any case, it's good to have a solution if it comes up in the near future.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

zerocrossing wrote: I finally heard back from Ableton support. They bumped me up to level 2 support and that guy suggested I try running Live in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Worked like a charm!
So are you on a Windows 10 machine?
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, he is.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

Mr Arkadin wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: I finally heard back from Ableton support. They bumped me up to level 2 support and that guy suggested I try running Live in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Worked like a charm!
So are you on a Windows 10 machine?
I live on the edge.

:lol:
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Oh boy, did your PC come with it?

-Tom
hubird

Post by hubird »

there's always a workaround...
Attachments
workaround.png
workaround.png (636.12 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

:lol:
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

tlaskows wrote:Oh boy, did your PC come with it?

-Tom
No, but I did check to see if others were doing OK with it. It's actually a good OS and nothing broke when I updated.

I hope Sonic Core can have a look at what changed from 8 to 10 and adjust its software accordingly.
garyb

Post by garyb »

win10 is not that different from win8. actually, it's just win7 service pack3. the main differences are security, afaik. my guess is that this has something to do with the way that Live implements those security "features". that's why Reaper and Sonar and Cubase have no issues. the age of the driver isn't really the problem. it's easier for Abelton to point to the driver than to comb through the code to find out where the hang is, exactly.

well, in any case, i'm glad that it works. you won't see a new driver before v6 is my guess.

one thing, though. the driver is almost never the cause of a crash, although the driver is likely to be involved in the crash. it's like if you get in a high speed accident and during the accident the tires blow. afterwards, everyone looks at the blown tires and assumes that the tires were at fault, when the tires only blew out because you hit the center divider.

as i said, i'm glad that there's a solution. there isn't any disadvantage to using win8 compatibility afaik, so hopefully everything is good now. i'm very happy that you have it working.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Well, it's your choice of what OS you want to run. But the current driver was not designed to work with Windows 10. You're lucky that it's working at all. Win 7,8,10, probably all the same price. I chose Win 7 and everything is working as promised. I really don't understand why people are switching to Win 10, what's the difference? I have both 7 and 10. I really do not see much difference. Most programs that were compiled for 7 work fine in 10. It's your choice. I chose a Mac to check forums and do email. Desktop designated to music software only. It's not S|C responsibility to help people run their software on a platform that it wasn't really tested on. Sorry OT again.

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

win10 and win7 use the same driver for almost everything.
win10 isn't a big change. as tlaskows said, things compiled to work in win7 work in win10.

there may be no reason to upgrade, but there's nothing wrong with using win10.

for people using the computer online a lot, especially using online apps, win10 should be used.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yes, it's nice to have choices.

I chose to take my LG 'stupid' TV back because I did not agree with their new terms and conditions about collecting data on watching what I'm watching. So I switched it to another TV and this one will always be offline :D

-Tom