MIDI feedback loop? Crashes the PCI cards :(

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

tlaskows

MIDI feedback loop? Crashes the PCI cards :(

Post by tlaskows »

This just started happening. I think it's a MIDI feedback problem. Tried to create a new project and it still happens. The keyboard is set to send on channel 1 and receive on 16. I think the cables are hooked up right. I tried reseting few times, no help. Makes a horrible loud distorted digital noise, but the meters show nothing. Scope crashes. Happens in VL Wizard and Sonar. It's probably my mistake. I have too many cables. Oh yeah, local is off on the keyboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tom
garyb

Re: MIDI feedback loop? Crashes the PCI cards :(

Post by garyb »

it could be a loop. you'd need to break the chain to be sure.
it could also be active sensing. you could use a midi monitor to see what it being transmitted by the keyboard. you can use a midi filter to filter clock and active sensing messages if they are there.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yes, this keyboard does send a lot of useless MIDI data, but I swear I turned it off about 2 weeks ago.

Let me have a look and try with the DX7.

Thanks!

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Hmm, I should have remembered. This seems to happen every time I install the Scope SDK (just did that this morning). Reinstalled the Scope driver and everything is fine, no more loud noise! Active sensing is on on the DX7 and no issues. The only thing that screws up Scope devices is the MIDI clock. Had to turn off the clock on my M3 because it was sticking the notes on the Plugiator. Hmm.

You may make a note (or hopefully people will utilize the search feature) that installing the SDK does something to the actual driver :D

Thanks!