XITE1+Scope5.1+das-f07 // DSP HOT BUG

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spielraum

Re: XITE1+Scope5.1+das-f07 // DSP HOT BUG

Post by Spielraum »

garyb,
old is not always bad :wink:
I did last week, a new bios e-prom used in my old Roland MKS 70 (1986)
now he can send/rec midi-ctl over the pg800 and seq and many many more...
...please don´t forget to support the good old 3rd party developer.
i love the zmatrix, that´s why i use occasionally a system with pulsar 3.1
Attachments
PG-800-Front-500.jpg
PG-800-Front-500.jpg (230.19 KiB) Viewed 558 times
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
garyb

Post by garyb »

you CAN load up to 90-100% of the XITE, but with old 3rd party plugins you may be able to load less. it's not SonicCore's job to optimize 3rd party plugins. SonicCore hasn't left anyone behind. it's the developers who haven't found time to update their plugins. the archetecture and limitations of the system are what they are. this was true with the PCI cards as well. you cannot load a Pro Tools HD DSP system to 100% with many of their plugins and there is no global optimization, just a brick wall. resources are resources, once they are used, you are done, regardless if there are different resources(like DSP) still available.

Z-Matrix is a great plugin, but it needs to be rebuilt and the developer isn't interested. SC doesn't have the manpower to rewrite it.

there is still the SDK. anyone who is interested can make a plugin like the Z-Matrix with a bunch of work.

old is great, but that doesn't mean that you don't have to work a little harder to use the old thing sometimes. 3rd party is fully supported, but that doesn't mean that SC can do their work for them. back to Pro Tools, when a new version of HD comes out, old plugins don't work AT ALL.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

:) <> :cry:
najut, dann lebe ich damit
thx gary

ps.: ok, mks70 new bios e-prom not from Roland, from a technic-freak
and we have roy, simon and Ko 8)
Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:

i'd much rather give good news than bad....
dante

Post by dante »

JoPo wrote:I'd like to know if in the Example DSP setups part of the Hitfoundry page :
http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_22/dsp_mast.htm
less ressource are in use by adding the micromixer, since there is 2 communication channels instead of 6 ?

(I'm wondering if I didn't asked this already... :P )

Thanks !
That's how I would interpret it, but you'd have to check with John - or just try it yourself with testing. At least he has given the idea. Between John, Eric, S|C and Will Ellis theres some useful testing and info in Scoperise to form the basis of investigation for the more enterprising users.

Of course I cant test much of it myself because I only have the 'D' which is much simpler to the point I can max out the DSP without running out of SAT. Thats not to say I never got SAT errors in the past, but they are non existant these days since I always use a copy of the one project for everything.