I need to search the term: Add 2N

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

jta

I need to search the term: Add 2N

Post by jta »

Search won't let me use "2N" - and there are over 7000 uses of 'add' - I'm trying to install 3.1C and when I get to the "Problem" it says:
Can't find DSP file Add 2N - Please check installation.
Any idea what this is?

What ever it is, I can listen to Scope. At least until I shut it down.

Thanks

john
garyb

Re: I need to search the term: Add 2N

Post by garyb »

did you just look in the scope\app\dsp folder?
the file is probably there, but it needs to have "read only" unchecked.
this always used to happen when running the installer from a disk or thumb drive instead of putting the installer in the desktop.

of course, i assume this is XP. if you're trying to do something stupid like run v3.1 in win10, then i'd say you will find other anomolies. v3.1 probably runs, but there's no way it will run correctly. well, the dsps, once loaded, will do what they always do. it's the interface with the os that won't be quite right. depending on what you want to do, it may work just fine. if it's win/win8/win10, you are running Scope "as administrator" right?
jta

Post by jta »

garyb wrote:... if you're trying to do something stupid like run v3.1 in win10...
Busted! Though it was for 'science.' Oh well, on to the next experiment of joining Scope and Mixbus. Since I don't have a 64bit Scope, (both 'John' and 'Ringo' are 32bit at the moment) I decided to see if a different (very inexpensive) ASIO card could work on 'George' and Mixbus - a previously card-free XW4600 that runs on Dante. Or should I say, ran on Dante.

Should be fun.

best, john
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

At least the XW-4600 seems to be fulfilling it's true destiny.... 8)
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)