Hallo

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ta7

Hallo

Post by ta7 »

@all. I have a Creamware Pulsar1 + a SRB1 card. Now i have the following problem. Scope 4.5 starts fine. if i do anything on the computer the cards are restarting again and again. But this happens only with the samplerate setting above 33khz :-? . If i set the samplerate at 33khz everything is fine. Another thing is when i remove the SRB Board everything is fine. No restarts.
I hope you've understood what i wrote because my english is ......... .
Peace folks and thanks for your answers.
garyb

Re: Hallo

Post by garyb »

it sounds like the SRB may have a problem.

are you using an S/TDM cable to connect the two cards?

if so, try cleaning the SRB's contacts with 99% alcohol(NEVER less than 99%!!!), or a good commercial contact cleaner.
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Thanks Gary i will try it. But i wonder why this happened only at 44.1khz and above?
garyb

Post by garyb »

sounds like a problem with the card itself. it sounds like clock issues on the SRB since the other card works fine.
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hmm. Does it mean that the SRB is broken? If this is a clock issue?
Thanks Gary.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, probably.

there's nothing for the user to fix, in a case like this. do clean the contacts, though. one fingerprint can make the card do strange things.
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hi Gary.
The problem is solved. I have taken out a random access memory. now it runs back to normal. The only thing that is still, in sonar X1, there are sometimes audio dropouts. Perhaps to little ram? In my PC are 1,5Gb ram.

Thanks and best regards from Tomas
garyb

Post by garyb »

that should be enough for XP.

have you seen this:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31345
ta7

Post by ta7 »

And sometimes a big thanks to people like you who have been so many years in this forum and therefore a large part contribute this platform to keep alive.
Do not get me wrong. Of course, that also goes to all other users. But in such cases as that of Gary, I must say simply times.

Many greetings from Tomas