XITE Communications Issue

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

grappa

XITE Communications Issue

Post by grappa »

All,

Appreciate a little assistance with an issue I'm having.

Fired Scope up after a couple of weeks away and on opening application was presented with the following error messages whe attempting to open my latest project (which was all working fine when I turned off last time);

1. A communication error with Scope Xite (brd0) has occurred. The problem can normally be corrected by reloading the DSP's (doing this makes no difference although Scope did actually start at one point. When I looked at DSP load nothing was loaded onto any of the DSP's - all 0%)

2. Cannot start the software because the board or driver are not prpoerly installed

3. Hardware cannot be setup correctly; System Error - timeout waiting for acknowledge from DSP15 (communication not stalled)

If I check in Device Manager the XITE appears to be working correctly. I've changed the connection cable, move the interface card in the PC to another slot, reinstalled Scope and the driver with no impact; the same set of errors every time.

Trying to get a pretty big project done so as per usual timing is great..

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,

Simon
garyb

Re: XITE Communications Issue

Post by garyb »

the software does a systems check when starting. one of the dsps in your XITE is not responding. the device manager sees the unit as working, it knows nothing about what happens inside the unit. it's not good news, i'm sorry.
grappa

Post by grappa »

Sheesh.. paid a lot of money for this unit when new and only about three years ago..

I will contact Soniccore and see what they can do...

Thanks Gary.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure, seems like this one is on analog devices. :o
grappa

Post by grappa »

This stuff happens so never mind - l'm sure we will get it all sorted and be up and running again soon.

Thanks for your help.

Simon
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Did you try to turn off your PC + Xite-1 and unplug your PC from power for at least 20 mn ?

Have a try (if you didn't already) !

You can also take off the Xite PCIe card and put it back in the PC to see what'll happen.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <