noise in sequencer

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

scopus

Re: noise in sequencer

Post by scopus »

after lots of more testing im starting to think more its the pro card. i checked again on the old pc and there isnt that buzzing noise in sequencer BUT notice now there is the light electronic noise coming out of just the scope card. This noise i hear on both pcs with just the pro card. I hear it from right when i turn on the computer, its lots of electronic sounds like its picking up the internal noise of the computer n is in sync with computer activity. Also after trying messing with settings in the bios, i notice enabling and disabling c-states(cpu power saving features) seems to greatly effect the loudness of both the electronic noise and buzzing noise in sequencer. Whatever the case no matter what there is 0 noise from the home card. The scope pro card is always picking up internal electronic noise and think perhaps whats happening with the pc or cpu when i load vsts or whatever the card is just picking up that internal noise? thoughts?
thnks
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Zeh lo tov. Ani lo yodaya kloom. I did have something similar but I think it was with my Luna II and Z-Link. I put the studio monitor audio chain from pre-amp to speakers on a separate electrical line and put line conditioners on the pc and also the monitoring system outlet.

Here's the thread on that: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33523

Also Tom L had a similar problem but he resolved it by re-installing Scope drivers, which I'm sure you did:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33688

Hatzlacha rabba!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

scopus wrote:after lots of more testing im starting to think more its the pro card. i checked again on the old pc and there isnt that buzzing noise in sequencer BUT notice now there is the light electronic noise coming out of just the scope card. This noise i hear on both pcs with just the pro card. I hear it from right when i turn on the computer, its lots of electronic sounds like its picking up the internal noise of the computer n is in sync with computer activity. Also after trying messing with settings in the bios, i notice enabling and disabling c-states(cpu power saving features) seems to greatly effect the loudness of both the electronic noise and buzzing noise in sequencer. Whatever the case no matter what there is 0 noise from the home card. The scope pro card is always picking up internal electronic noise and think perhaps whats happening with the pc or cpu when i load vsts or whatever the card is just picking up that internal noise? thoughts?
thnks
Well.. Finally, it seems to be the Scope card which is guilty...
There is people who are able to fix electronic card everywhere in the world, you just have to find such company & ask them if they could do it...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
scopus

Post by scopus »

toda ronnie eehiye beseder ;) think imma just now use the home card for ins/outs and the pro card for extra dsp... n this whole thing further pulling me in direction of saving towards my XITE-ing dream :) thnks guys for all the help, time to focus on music again
cheers!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Yofi! Bideyuk!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays