Scope Adat B not connected

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Blackman-Robotics

Scope Adat B not connected

Post by Blackman-Robotics »

Hello,

i´m new here and i hope somebody can help me with my issue.

I have an A16 TDAT connected via ADAT light pipes to my Scope Professional ADAT A and B.
I can only hear sound from output 1-8 of my A16.

I tried to change the connection A to B and i hear the channel 9-16 on ADAT A. I also swapped the light pipes among one another. The pipes are OK.
So the Scope must have a problem. I see in the Samplerate-Setting, that ADAT B connection LED is not lit.
Under Cubase i can setup every output, but i can hear only output 1-8. I see also from the output B, that the LED is flashing, so this seems to be OK.
Do i need something else to get ADAT B to work?

Thanks in advance

Dennis
garyb

Re: Scope Adat B not connected

Post by garyb »

have you tried cleaning the ADAT ports with compressed air?

on the card, the "send" port should show a red light coming through the cable. on the "send" port of the A16, likewise. you are using both send and return cables, right? if the card is master and you only send data from the A16, it won't work because the A16 gets clock from it's input, when in slave.

otherwise, you only need both ADAT B modules in the routing window.
Blackman-Robotics

Hello Gary,

thanks for the fast reply, no i didn´t clean the port with compressed air, but i will do it tomorrow. I didn´t have it here, i have to buy it. But i had a look on it and it seems to be ok... i will have a try.
Yes i use the scope card as a master, but i also checked it vice versa and nothin changes.

so am i right, that i have to unplug the outputs from the scope card to the A16, then it should work?

So i tried now both master and slave on every device with unplugging the outputs of ADAT A and B of the Scope card, but it doesn´t seem to work.
Attachments
here is a screenshot of my routing windows, maybe it helps.
here is a screenshot of my routing windows, maybe it helps.
routingwindow.JPG (106.43 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm not sure what you mean about unplugging....
what i was saying is that the red light in the A16's output port should be on. the red light from the Pulsar's output should be on. this is regardless of anything else.

it's always possible that the ADAT ports might be bad on card or A16, but it's not likely.
Blackman-Robotics

yes both red lights are on and i also swapped every cable to check, the problem must be on the scope card, because the A16 works on ADAT A with all channels. you said that when i only send data from the A16, when the scope is master and the A16 is slave, then the clock is looped back to its inputs and it can´t work? I am right?
I think i will try to clean the port B for first, to check it is dirt or not.
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i didn't say that.

i said if Scope is master, you need both input and output cables.

if the red light are on, then everything probably works and something isn't connected properly.

did you connect 9-16 to ADAT A and does ADAT A then work?
astroman

Post by astroman »

that's a good check to rule out one side of the error
Can't remember which type, but I've experienced it a couple of times that a TOSLink-Transmitter had failed
a bad sender is easy to detect (as mentioned) by the missing light, but the receiver has no visible response
at least they are easy to fix...

cheers, Tom
Blackman-Robotics

sorry for that, i think i didn´t understand right...
yes i connected 9-16 to port a and everything is ok. I hear sound from my other devices.
Blackman-Robotics

yes i think maybe the receiver is dead... but first i will clean it and hope this will work, else i have an broken board i think. :cry: