xite power led flashing

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

smixa

xite power led flashing

Post by smixa »

all was working well until the xite power on light keeps flashing
anyone know what a flashing power light means? had the the xite for a year this is the first problem ive had in the middle of major job any help/advice is welcome
Sounddesigner

Re: xite power led flashing

Post by Sounddesigner »

Is it only the power on light having problems? Does the XITE-1 still work by allowing you to still run the SCOPE platform?
smixa

Post by smixa »

unfortunatly it did not work at all could not run scope or anything led kept flashing on xite and power supply however the power supply stoped flashing when i unpplugged the xite had to send it back to base its been gone a week havnt heard anything yet hopfully soon
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

smixa wrote:unfortunatly it did not work at all could not run scope or anything led kept flashing on xite and power supply however the power supply stoped flashing when i unpplugged the xite had to send it back to base its been gone a week havnt heard anything yet hopfully soon
Yea, that sounds like a seriouse problem. One that only S|C can solve. Hopefully you won't have to go too long without the XITE-1 (I'd hate to miss any significant time without mines). Good luck!
smixa

Post by smixa »

yeah thanks man i hope I'll hear something soon
funky_rb

Post by funky_rb »

Hi,
Did you olved the problem mine have done the same thing lat night.
garyb

Post by garyb »

check the voltage of the power supply with a meter, if you can.
the voltage should read a few volts higher than specified, if it's working correctly.
if the voltage is way off or low, contact support about a replacement power supply.

if the voltage looks correct, or if you aren't sure, contact support for a RMA to get it all fixed.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

wait a minute - I saw a similar thing a week or so ago when I was troubleshooting my XITE. Now I can't remember what I did to correct the problem (or what the root cause was). I'm trying hard to remember what exactly I did (or was doing to make it do that in the first place). I know I had XITE out of the rack and had opened it and was toying around. Initially I worried that I might have zapped something.

here are things to at least consider: is the HDMI cable properly connected to the PCIe card? Is it a known good cable?

I remember first thinking that I might have a bad power supply but that was certainly not the problem. It's not what you think.

I might have forgotten to plug in the HDMI cable when I was hooking things back up. I kinda seem to remember doing something stupid like that.

I'm really sorry guys I can't actually remember but the problem was solved pretty quickly. That's all I can tell you. it wasn't a bad power supply or a bad XITE (that doesn't mean yours isn't bad but in my case the problem went away quickly and has been working fine ever since).

Check that HDMI cable. Replace it with a known good one just for grins.
smixa

Post by smixa »

i did not solve the problem i had to send it back to Germany for repair
it came back lasted roughly a year and happened again the same problem
i sent it back early December 2016 im still waiting for it to return ive had to return clients money who cudnt
wait any longer love what the xite does fantastic hardware grreat sound
but the slow reaction response of sonic core is frustrating as much as i understand and really like their gear.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

smixa wrote:i did not solve the problem i had to send it back to Germany for repair
it came back lasted roughly a year and happened again the same problem
i sent it back early December 2016 im still waiting for it to return ive had to return clients money who cudnt
wait any longer love what the xite does fantastic hardware grreat sound
but the slow reaction response of sonic core is frustrating as much as i understand and really like their gear.
Hmm - sorry to hear your situation required a return repair. I only saw this issue very briefly when I had XITE somewhat disassembled. Haven't seen that problem since then. I had to send an A16 to Ferrofish for repair one time. That round trip took a couple of months. I thought that was excessive until I had to send a preamp to California for repair recently and that took 3 months lol. Luckily I could conduct business without it. But not having the A16 was an issue for me too. I don't have a spare XITE or A16 lol. A couple of months, considering customs clearance and shipping, probably isn't that bad in retrospect. Ferrofish did a fine job repairing my unit (considering it was an older model Sonic Core unit).

Do you know what had to be repaired the first time to correct the problem? I'm just curious.