Midi CC presets bugged? - yes, confirmed!

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Re: Midi CC presets bugged? - yes, confirmed!

Post by petal »

Working with Push and Scope really is great, if only that cc-mapping bug didn't ruin the fun, it would be a perfect match.

I have the SDK 6 - is there an easy way to hardcode the cc's in the Scope synths and have them work correctly?

I don't need it to work for everybody, I just need it to work for me :)
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

petal wrote:I have the SDK 6 - is there an easy way to hardcode the cc's in the Scope synths and have them work correctly?
Unfortunately, unless you have open devices (i.e. probably ones you've built yourself), then you won't be able to hard-code CCs using the SDK.

P.S. SDK6 never really went past alpha-testing. The last version I'm aware of was from January 2013 and I don't think it can be used for anything serious due to some show-stopping bugs. We're certainly still using SDKs 4 and 5 for ScopeSync work, which mostly work fine, although apparently SDK 4 is better than 5 (I can only use 5 with my Xite). We're also not using the GUI SDK provided alongside SDK6, as there were a number of major issues with that too. We're using the equivalent libraries that were released back in 2002 or so.
petal

Post by petal »

Yeah, that was what I feared.

Thank you for the quick answer!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I’m sure just re loading the patch after loading the midi cc assignment patch sorts it all out!
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think the aux faders do recall when saved in a project, at least i think my mixes have been working...
knobs and buttons, no. presets were a no in the past.
RA

Post by RA »

I have incorporated the dNa midi cc manager in almost all latest releases (except the channelrack if i recall correct, and a "limited" one in the effectrack(not all functions), and not yet in multicomp)

This is another, better way, and i think momentarily the only way to assign, manage and recall midi cc assignments in a way which works
It works DIFFERENT to the SC assignment!!!!!!!!! (being right click>small midi cc window)

If you assign using the inbuilt dNa midi cc manager (click on the cc button on topright), or in effectrack from the AMC (or rightclick from project window on all plugins which have it)
the cc is assigned, AND if you just save your preset sound from the device, the assignment IS SAVED in there. When you recall that one, the assignments are also recalled. (so sound AND assignments are saved in just one preset file, and i have confirmed this in scope v4 to scope 7.) That is if you don't have the cc assigned somewhere else in your project...because the manager is not that "intelligent" *cough* as the SC one

The SC works different, on another level...and is not saved in presets, nor recalls correct. ONLY the ones assigned using the dNa midi cc manager from its own device will work, and as a plus it gives you a nice overview ;-)

If you have the EffectRack, there is a preset in the v3 folder of the latest preset, which demonstrates the AMC and assignments, and the state manager which can be also found on the AMC window. Just load the "AMC demo inc midi". This will load a full rack, and if you tweak the master controller on the AMC (being the rotary on the far left) you will see the others also moving, and controlling several pots on the effectrack. This will morph your effects. Please do check the latest v3 manual of the effectrack for more info.

This all works here for me, confirmed from v4 to 7, so please if you have any issues, contact me...if it works for you also....get out of the testmode, and slip into the creation mode and start making music.
Attachments
effectrackbig.png
effectrackbig.png (417.6 KiB) Viewed 2390 times
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’ve also automated dNa as an insert in mixers or external through AUX and same old load and twists works great.
Don’t use Scope synths though.
Just Mixer and Fx.

Better than any hardware mixer.
Use external hardware fix and DSP Fx.

Wouldn’t trade this for anything.

Is it perhaps the way I use Preset lists?

I always prefer a “-“ (minus) so -LIVE 01 is above the MIDI CCs.
I can even scroll through STM2448 Master channel numbers using a Mod Wheel in the Channel view pane.

Everyone else should copy Scope if they’re serious about live performance.