Sync Pllate Setting Up ETC

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Scotty_123

Sync Pllate Setting Up ETC

Post by Scotty_123 »

Hello.

I am a frequent visitor but infrequent poster here. I am wanting to use the sync plate for my Sonci Core rig. I have seached the documentation but can't find the answer. What is the correct way to connect the sync plate and how do I install any support files needed for the sync plate to be recognized. The rest of my studio setup is all synced via word clock but the creamware stuff is adat synced. I am happy to read if someone can point to a support document. Many thanks - Scotty.
garyb

Re: Sync Pllate Setting Up ETC

Post by garyb »

do you have the short cable that connects the syncplate to the card? there is a small 10pin connector on the card for the cable. just connect it, attach the wordclock bnc cable and start Scope. in the samplerate window, make Scope slave and choose bnc as the source.
Scotty_123

Post by Scotty_123 »

Thank you Gary. Yes I have the cable and it is attached to the Pulsar II. It is a ribbon connector attached to the card. It must be fried as scope doesn't see it. I will try it with the other cards ( I have an old 15 chip first gen board and a pulsar I in there as well). I wonder if I need to install some support files The card doesn't appear to have a status led so I can't be sure that it is alive and well.

I don't have BNC as source option in the sample rate window. Truly appreciative of you time and support! - Scotty

garyb wrote:do you have the short cable that connects the syncplate to the card? there is a small 10pin connector on the card for the cable. just connect it, attach the wordclock bnc cable and start Scope. in the samplerate window, make Scope slave and choose bnc as the source.
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, you shouldn't need anything else....

i suppose it wouldn't hurt to run the installer again.
pranza

Post by pranza »

maybe it is called Src 6 or Src 7?
gruebleengourd

Post by gruebleengourd »

pranza wrote:maybe it is called Src 6 or Src7?
The BNC sync is Src 6 on my setup running Scope 5.1
garyb

Post by garyb »

that is correct.

sometimes just pushing a button or two will tell what you need to know. :lol: