Allocation Of DSPs on Scope PCI Boards

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ikemhla

Allocation Of DSPs on Scope PCI Boards

Post by ikemhla »

Allocation of DSPs in Scope PCI Boards

I have 3 Scope 6 DSP Boards in my PC.
I find that the allocation of DSPs defaults the Board0 at all times.
I try to distribute by allocating channels to different boards in the bigger more advanced mixers.
Is there a way I can make Plugins eg “Master verb” to default to a particular DSP whenever I launch it.
This would enable me to get equitable distribution of resouses .

Regards

Ike
Gary B???
garyb

Re: Allocation Of DSPs on Scope PCI Boards

Post by garyb »

well, you might be able to do something like that with the SDK, but otherwise, no.
at least there's "global optimization" if things need to be reshuffled. there are systems that don't...
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

sdk is the only way

but you can assign things in modular to bc shells that can assign to 1 dsp
at0m

Post by at0m »

ikemhla wrote:I find that the allocation of DSPs defaults the Board0 at all times. [... I try to distribute by allocating channels to different boards in the bigger more advanced mixers. This would enable me to get equitable distribution of resouses .
Ideally, you'd want all processing to happen on the same card, even on the same chip. Same chip will be hard, but it avoids buffering between chips. Same way, running all on the same card avoids buffering and routing between cards. This isn't CPU, welcome to DSP world.

The larger mixers (STM2448?) allows for putting 12 channels on one, and the next 12 channels plus their inserts on another card.

Other than that, when the project grows larger, cycling sample rate reloads and re-arranges DSP allocation. And putting effects as IE. external aux effects instead of straight into the mixer allows them to be loaded on another card. Inserted, the aux effects are on the same card as the (first 12?) channels.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio