Pulsar I with Asus P5B SE on W7 32bit (Scope 4.5) problem

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Peter Cherry

Pulsar I with Asus P5B SE on W7 32bit (Scope 4.5) problem

Post by Peter Cherry »

Hi,
I re-born my old Pulsar I card with Asus P5B SE, Q8300 processor and Sapphire HD 2400 graphics. It is running W7 32bit with Scope 4.5. Platform itself (internal synths, effects) works fine, but there is problem with Windows sounds (e.g. WMP etc.).

There are often sound jams (crackles), see the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6FjZ7iIYE
I am able to play song from windows media player sometimes, but it often crashes Windows after some seconds.

I tried common tips (changing PCI slot; disabling USB not to share IRQ; disabling ACPI; changing WIN performance settings) but no change.

Please help
Thanks
Peter
Peter Cherry

Re: Pulsar I with Asus P5B SE on W7 32bit (Scope 4.5) proble

Post by Peter Cherry »

I reinstalled Windows 7/Windows 10 TP, disabled everything, but still the same problem as you can see on my video.
I tried also driver 3.1c but still the same.

Can you provide me file/link to driver 3.1b which should be different from 3.1c?

What about old PCIe Sapphire HD 2400 XT?

Thanks for help
Peter
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

gary has already told you

the 4.5 drivers were written for xp only and 32bit

trying them on a newer system is not going to work

stop asking the same questions over again and again when you have been told the probable answer if you want it to work with those os then you need to get the 5.1 drivers and software
Peter Cherry

Post by Peter Cherry »

Are you (jhulk) working with Garyb for Sonic / Core ?:)

If this is not true http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_04/compat.htm and no one is able to run Pulsar (Scope 4.5) on W7 32-bit, then I resign!

Peter
petal

Post by petal »

Peter, you really should listen to what both Gary and Jhulk are telling you - they are only trying to help you. They know more about this platform than most people in here.

What you are trying to do others have tried and they failed.

Have a look at this thread:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... 74#p307274
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I have a Pulsar I running stable on Win7 32bit. Install the Scope 4.5 program under compatibility mode WinXP 32bit SP3
If you are simply trying to get sound from your Windows Media Player to you speakers then I'm not sure why you would want to use the Scope card since the wave drivers were never that good to begin with and it was not created for that purpose. Why not just use the motherboard audio? If you are using the Scope card for it's intended purpose of pro-audio routing and processing then the ASIO drivers work good for that with your DAW
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

no i dont work for sonic core

now if others have got the 4.5 to work on win732 then good for them

the 4.5 software was written for xp if you manage to get it working in any other software then its a bonus for you but you cant complain if it does not as your 2000 sound card year being 15 years ago and creamware have been gone a long time

and any trouble shooting you have with it should be addressed to creamware as soniccore only support the 5.1 software
Peter Cherry

Post by Peter Cherry »

to yayajohn: Glad to hear it. Internal Realtek audio chip on my motherboard is shitty, that's why I wanted to use Pulsar's high quality output.
But it is a good idea to use Realtek just for system audio (Windows sounds, youtube, WMP) and ASIO for making music in DAW. If it is working (I didn't test)....
Maybe, is there any way how to route internal Realtek into Pulsar (no need for external mixer)? I am thinking about physical cable from motherboard out into Pulsar in:)
Or via some Soundcard Source device?

to jhulk: Of course I know 4.5 was written for XP, but I also know old programs written for xp and running on W7. I definitely didn't and don't blame anybody that my 15 years old reborn card is not working properly in W7. I am just trying to reach this bonus. That's why I am asking here on discussion forum, because this is what the discussion forum is about. Talking about experiences, solving problems, helping each other etc. Not blaming.

Petr
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Peter. The soundcard source and dest modules never really worked (in my experience, maybe someone was successful)
You can route your motherboard audio out the headphone connection and back into the Pulsar analog in RCA connection with the appropriate conversion cable> However I'm not sure what good that would accomplish. Scope will not make a crappy audio sound any better. Unless you want to add audio processing effects, but why would you want to do that to already perfectly mastered songs.
My setup with the Pulsar I:
I use the motherboard audio out to a cheapo desktop computer speaker system for media player audio files and You Tube stuff.
For guitars, vocals and synths and an M-Audio trigger finger pro, I use the Pulsar I and route it out to powered speaker amps.

btw I agree with you about trying to use things that aren't broken, just outdated. I was all perfectly happy on Win XP with my Pulsar I but was forced to upgrade to Win 7 when I bought the M-Audio trigger finger pro. Would not install on XP blah!
Good luck