Getting driver install returned -2

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

emotive

Getting driver install returned -2

Post by emotive »

Can't seem to uninstall and re-install the system.

Cannot find anything in google let alone here so does anyone have any information?

I didn't pay alot for the system but still if this is an indication of how it works with PCIe, then it isn't very impressive to say the least.

I have deleted the Scope folder and restarted, there are no shadow drivers in Device Manager so what else am I to do?

Also, I have unpacked the installation program and tried to install the driver manually but it won't work.

Very disappointing so will I have to re-install my entire system in order to get this to work?

Really sad, I tried to use the Legacy Hardware installer in Windows but again no luck.

Failure in adding hardware to the Store.

Why is this hardware not compatible?

Finally, I had to disable driver signing but again I needed to install the driver 3 times over and the Sonic Core installer cannot be used.

Sonic Core = fail
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (20.22 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
jksuperstar

Re: Getting driver install returned -2

Post by jksuperstar »

What's the name of the install file? Does it contain XITE in it? That'd be for different hardware. You need the one with the word PCI in them for your pulsar.
garyb

Post by garyb »

is that windows8?

you need to disable driver signing(enter driver test mode).

do you need directions?
cortone

Post by cortone »

Scope does not work in PCIe, was that a typo (I don't think you can place a PCI card in a PCIe slot)? PCI only, and as pointed out, you need to have the specific PCI (not XITE) install package. It may also indicate a problem with the card itself, or even the mainboard. Have you tried to re-seat the card, or clean the gold contacts? Installing the screws to hold it in the case can sometimes tip the card so that it is not making good contact all along the gold fingers.

Gary, he says that he has disabled driver signing.

Cheers,
Cory
garyb

Post by garyb »

it must be in a PCI slot to be recognized by the installer.

unless the card is just broken, it will install, even if the installer is being used over an older installation.

driver signing must not be properly disabled or the card must be broken. if the card was broken, it's very unlikely that the installer would find it, however...
emotive

Post by emotive »

Solved with Windows 10