Loss of ASIO Multiclient abilities

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Horten

Loss of ASIO Multiclient abilities

Post by Horten »

I am working with a luna 2 board since about 10 years. Scope 4.0, Windows XP SP3.
I have some asio apps running, like cubase5, audiomulch2, absynth5, reaktor5 and a few others. In the scope routing window I have opened 6 stereo asio connections, going from port 1 to 12 of the recording mixer. So far so good. Until now:
Suddenly I can work only with one asio application at once. If I open a second I get the message:
“scope fusion platform is not running or asio source and asio dest modules are not included in your current project”.
After ignoring the message the software (opened as the second asio source) does not show any asio device available. Whilst the aplication opened firsthand is still running and sending sounds succesfully to scope.
This loss of multiclient ability goes only for asio applications. So the luna analog and sp/dif - sources or wave sources (DirectX applications) run without problems at the same time as –the one and only – asio application, can be used in the routing window and mixed by the recording mixer.
I tried some things like uninstalling scope and installing it again, but that did nor help.
I really don´t know why this happened. I only can say that there is a coincidence with installing the software midiloop. Which I did immediately uninstall after finding the multiclient problem (before un- and re-installing sfp4.0), but that did not help.

Any idea for help anyone?
All the best
Ralf

PS: since the multiclient asio problem came up, all native instruments apps show a certain warning message whilst starting (which does not lead to any mis-functionality when the message has been clicked away, but the coincidence did struck me):

Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt “?CloseBackgroundProject@ScopeApp@@MAEXXZ“ wurde in der DLL „RAPI.dll“ nicht gefunden.
I am not really sure about the english term for Prozedureinsprungpunkt, but from what i have found in google, the sentence might be translated like: The RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter “?CloseBackgroundProject@ScopeApp@@MAEXXZ“ has not been found in the dll “RAPI.dll”.
dante

Re: Loss of ASIO Multiclient abilities

Post by dante »

In Cubase there's an option to release the driver when in background. It could be that.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Scope ASIO is not multiclient. it has never been.

Dante's suggestion may help.
Horten

Post by Horten »

hi dante,
thanks for the quick reply. unfortunately this is not the solution. the problems appears even when cubase is not involved. for instance when audiomulch is used as daw and reaktor opened as 2nd asio sorce.
beides that it is necessary to activate "Enable background playback" in cubase. otherwise cubase stops when another application is in the foreground. and what i need is having 2 (or more) applications running at the same time. a n d i definitely had the ""Enable background playback" in cubase activated for 10 years or so without problems of having access with a 2nd, third.. asio source to scope.
all the best
ralf

ps: just found the cubase quote in the sfp manual: To guarantee that you will always hear audio and MIDI playback when using Cubase and the SCOPE Fusion Platform select Play in Background in the Options menu. If this is not selected, playback will stop whenever you switch to the SFP software to make a change or adjustment because Cubase would then be running
in the backround.
dante

Post by dante »

Well, like Gary says, Scope is not multi client. So I'm not really sure how you've set it up in the past if it worked that way.

If you tell Cubase to use Scope as it's asio I/O then I would have thought that would tie all 6 stereo channels up to Cubase.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

direct link here:
http://vidance.com/asiomulti/asiomulti.html

It works but crackles unfortunately.

On Steinberg ftp. server, there´s just only the empty folder left over,- it disappeared.

SCOPE ASIO driver should become multiclient and working without crackles, pops and clicks.
That would be the best because SCOPE SFP is the studio central application.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
tonatona

Post by tonatona »

You can add multiclient capability to SCOPE with this app

http://midithru.net/Home/AsioLinkPro

I made some tests on this weekend connecting SCOPE, Cubase, Bidule standalone and foobar2000 per ASIO, everything seems to work flawlessly. This app is bitperfect and supports 64 channels. However i would prefer SCOPE being multiclient capable or at least a statement from Sonic Core whether they intend to make SCOPE multiclient capable or not.
frokka

Post by frokka »

How does one configure O Deus ASIO link with Scope?
It causes blue screen crash here with "Initialise ASIO" or "Start ASIO" in the Link Pro Tool.

Does anyone have a working multi-client setup with 64bit Scope?
asiofixer

Post by asiofixer »

WOUACHHHHHHH!
20 YEARS OF LATENCY AND O DUES ASIO MULTICLIENT CLEAR THE BUG!
asio scope seem to be buggy
this driver link "asio link" scope to multiclient driver and clean the old scope asio bug
it work perfectly / opeen scope with asio dest source / start O DUES with ASIO SCOPE /open samplitude and select asio link
O DUES mirror your ASIO SCOPE with ASIO LINK in samplitude
!!!!!!!!AND EVERYTHING WORK AS IT HAD EVER DO WORK!!!!!!!
asiofixer

Post by asiofixer »

Horten wrote: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:23 pm I am working with a luna 2 board since about 10 years. Scope 4.0, Windows XP SP3.
I have some asio apps running, like cubase5, audiomulch2, absynth5, reaktor5 and a few others. In the scope routing window I have opened 6 stereo asio connections, going from port 1 to 12 of the recording mixer. So far so good. Until now:
Suddenly I can work only with one asio application at once. If I open a second I get the message:
“scope fusion platform is not running or asio source and asio dest modules are not included in your current project”.
After ignoring the message the software (opened as the second asio source) does not show any asio device available. Whilst the aplication opened firsthand is still running and sending sounds succesfully to scope.
This loss of multiclient ability goes only for asio applications. So the luna analog and sp/dif - sources or wave sources (DirectX applications) run without problems at the same time as –the one and only – asio application, can be used in the routing window and mixed by the recording mixer.
I tried some things like uninstalling scope and installing it again, but that did nor help.
I really don´t know why this happened. I only can say that there is a coincidence with installing the software midiloop. Which I did immediately uninstall after finding the multiclient problem (before un- and re-installing sfp4.0), but that did not help.

Any idea for help anyone?
All the best
Ralf

PS: since the multiclient asio problem came up, all native instruments apps show a certain warning message whilst starting (which does not lead to any mis-functionality when the message has been clicked away, but the coincidence did struck me):

Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt “?CloseBackgroundProject@ScopeApp@@MAEXXZ“ wurde in der DLL „RAPI.dll“ nicht gefunden.
I am not really sure about the english term for Prozedureinsprungpunkt, but from what i have found in google, the sentence might be translated like: The RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter “?CloseBackgroundProject@ScopeApp@@MAEXXZ“ has not been found in the dll “RAPI.dll”.
HYE for using O dues ASIO you need to make a scope asio source dest project ( 8 IN 8 OUT)
after you start O DEUS and put the same 8 IN 8 OUT ASIO and select ASIO SCOPE
after you start cubase /samplitude .... and you select ASIO LINK
your computer say “scope fusion platform is not running or asio source and asio dest modules are not included in your current project”. because you try to use TWO EXE WITh THE SAME ASIO SCOPE DRIVER
here Scope is used buy O DEUS ASIO and and cubase use O DEUS ASIO
every exe use a different driver