Meters

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bigdealz

Meters

Post by bigdealz »

Hi,
I have Scope 5.1.2 and it has been working fine with my Xite-1, but now the meters in the 48 channel mixer all of a sudden seem to be pre fader. They were reflecting fader movements but now they don't.

I have done a system restore and reloaded Scope but it hasn't fixed anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Mr Arkadin

Re: Meters

Post by Mr Arkadin »

On the Master Panel of the mixer check the Mete Mode towards the top left.

Interestingly I have just checked mine and I only have two modes, not the five described in the manual and not Post Fade - only Post Gain. I haven't noticed this before as I tend to leave the faders up at zero and gain stage with the input gain knob - then any fades I automate from Cubase.

Be interested to find out if this is something that needs fixing - seems odd that it worked for you before though.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the meter modes are simplified in the XITE.
bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

Mr Arkadin wrote:On the Master Panel of the mixer check the Mete Mode towards the top left.

Interestingly I have just checked mine and I only have two modes, not the five described in the manual and not Post Fade - only Post Gain. I haven't noticed this before as I tend to leave the faders up at zero and gain stage with the input gain knob - then any fades I automate from Cubase.

Be interested to find out if this is something that needs fixing - seems odd that it worked for you before though.
Thanks, yes, I have already tried those only two options that are now available, but they don't change anything.

I would have thought that having the option of level meters post fade would be a pretty basic function for a professional system.
bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

BTW, do your meters work the same?
dante

Post by dante »

bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

OK, thanks.