Windows 8 x64: Unable to install Scope driver

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

YISH313z

Re: Windows 8 x64: Unable to install Scope driver

Post by YISH313z »

Windows 8 here working with Scope as well. had to run driver install as admin even after activating testmode.

I'm moving up from Win XP, trying the Win 8 enterprise evaluation version before purchase.

Win 8 is just Windows 7 with a tablet interface for the start menu, really nothing more as far as what I'm seeing.

Cleaner looking for sure, and you can add a start menu ala windows 7 style if needed, albeit 3rd-party.

I've realized I never really use the Start menu that much or desktop Icons(always had them hidden) as I've always had all the programs that I use on the quick load toolbar for immediate access.

If windows 7 was a sure bet coming from XP than I feel Im making the right choice both as an upgrade and financially with Win 8($40 download or $70 DVD).

However...Im still evaluating and will put it through its paces. :D
braincell

Post by braincell »

YISH313z wrote: Win 8 is just Windows 7 with a tablet interface for the start menu, really nothing more as far as what I'm seeing.
I just built a new, fast computer with a clean install of Windows 8.

I have a lot of hardware and software. Everything is now working except the Akai EWI USB breath controller. I tried using test mode and running through all the Microsoft suggestions and finally Microsoft Windows 8 just told me it's not compatible. No reply from Akai. They have not updated the software since the original Vista version and this product is still on the market. Shame on Akai!

Based on my experience, Windows 8 is not "just Windows 7 with a tablet interface."

Update: I just found some free third party software for the EWI USB that works in Windows 8 and best of all, it doesn't have the very bad Garrison Aria library attached to it. Life is good. Now why couldn't Akai have done this? They should buy it. Corporations are stupid sometimes. Too big I guess.

Just in case anyone comes to this through Google, the site is: http://www.cognitone.com
Housesion

Post by Housesion »

Hi, everyone I'm New Here.

try to follow the steps but keep getting this response

any solution?

https://plus.google.com/photos/10091652 ... 1710344899
garyb

Post by garyb »

it works 100%. these steps need to be followed when installing Scope v5.1. it is the v5.1 installer that installs the driver. do not install the driver via windows. i can't see your link because it requires logging in to Google+.

here are the usual cut-n-paste directions i usually send out. the second method in the link is my preference over the command prompt method. both work equally. remember, disable driver signing THEN run the Scope installer. if you already have Scope installed, don't worry. just rerun the installer.

You can permanently enable Test Mode by opening an Elevated Command Prompt and typing the following commands, then rebooting:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

hit enter after each command. to open an elevated command prompt, use these instructions:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8 ... dows-8.htm

To turn it off again, use these commands:

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

here is a second way to enter test mode:
http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how-to- ... windows-8/
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

garyb wrote:it works 100%. these steps need to be followed when installing Scope v5.1. it is the v5.1 installer that installs the driver. do not install the driver via windows. i can't see your link because it requires logging in to Google+.

here are the usual cut-n-paste directions i usually send out. the second method in the link is my preference over the command prompt method. both work equally. remember, disable driver signing THEN run the Scope installer. if you already have Scope installed, don't worry. just rerun the installer.

You can permanently enable Test Mode by opening an Elevated Command Prompt and typing the following commands, then rebooting:

hit enter after each command. to open an elevated command prompt, use these instructions:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8 ... dows-8.htm

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

here is a second way to enter test mode:
http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how-to- ... windows-8/
This works.

Should be posted as a lead-topic (unless it already is) - or on a Wiki somewhere.

G
dante

Post by dante »

siriusbliss wrote:This works. Should be posted as a lead-topic (unless it already is) - or on a Wiki somewhere.G
Added here :

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_20/w8_mast.htm
Housesion

Post by Housesion »

the picture now is public

Microsoft Windows [Versión 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\Windows\system32>bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
No se pudo abrir el almacén de datos de configuración de arranque (BCD).
No se puede encontrar el dispositivo de sistema solicitado.

C:\Windows\system32>

My windows are in spanish, i live in Madrid

he forgot to tell me that I have two pci cards Scope 14 DSp

if you change something
A_Blushing_Crow

Post by A_Blushing_Crow »

VeryPSB wrote:... This is how you allow unsigned drivers in Windows 8:

"You can permanently enable Test Mode () by opening an Elevated Command Prompt and typing the following commands, then rebooting:

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF"

Hey, First thanks so much for this - life saver!

Just wanted to confirm for anyone with a similar situation that this worked for me under Windows 10.

Just a couple of pointers for NOOBS like me (they are in the quote above but perhaps easy to overlook...)

1) You must open the command prompt as an *Administrator* -> In Windows 10 this is Right click 'Start' -> Select 'Command Prompt (Admin)' (I assume this is what VeryPSB meant by 'Elevated Command Prompt' in the quote above)

2) To Copy-Paste the commands above into the Command Prompt you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Alternatively you can right-click in the command prompt window to bring up a context menu that will let you paste.

3) Don't forget that you *must reboot your PC* for the commands to take effect (I overlooked this instruction at first).

Good luck installing SCOPE (ie awesomeness!!) with Windows 10!
garyb

Post by garyb »

or do it this way:
http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... nforcement

or just Google
"disable driver signature enforcement windows 10"

this is not a Scope issue. it's how win8 and win10 work. i had to use the same mode to install an NVidia graphics card driver. unsigned printer drivers need the same thing.