Strange Midi Problems!

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Dati

Strange Midi Problems!

Post by Dati »

Hi, I have some midi problems for a while that i want to solve now.
First problem is, that i have two midi ports selectable in cubase which are named differently everytime i open cubase, so i have to reconnect the midi tracks to one of the two scope midi ports.
Do you also have two midi ports selectable in your daw, or is one normal?
I think i heard sometime, that there can be problems with midi ports, when one installed different scope versions without deinstallin. Does someone know if this is the problem?

The second problem is that when i play on a midi keyboard which is connected from scope to cubase i get clicks like i got when i had USB ports sharing IRQ with the Scope card.
I also get this clicks when i connect some other conntrollers to cubase.
Everything is fine when i just connect the midi keyboard to a scope synth, but clicks occour when i route midi to cubase.

I am thankfull for every help,
Cheers
dante

Re: Strange Midi Problems!

Post by dante »

Im able to address 2 different sets of Scope ports in Cubase without any problems. But the 2 versions of Scope are active. So Im not sure if I removed one Scope version if Cubase wouldn't know its not available anymore.

Either way, its possible and not unusual to have many MIDI ports in Cubase. Of course, if you have 2 Scope MIDI input/output ports registered in Cubase, that will only work if you are running a Scope project with 2 'sequencer midi source' / 'sequencer midi dest' modules active and connected.
Cubase Ports.
Cubase Ports.
cub_port.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 751 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

the number of midi ports that show up in Cubase are determined by the setting in the card's properties in the device manager. 2 is default. of course, to use both, you must have two pairs of Sequencer midi modules in the routing window BEFORE opening Cubase.
Dati

Post by Dati »

Ok so its not the problem that there are two ports, but why do i get clicks when i route midi to cubase?

Everything with the routing works fine and i can play vsts, but it clicks( like when cards share IRQ with USAB ports).
This is true for every midi conntroller i own, so it must be scope who is causing this nasty clicks.

Also why are the two midi ports named differently each time i open cubase? I have to manualy reconnect cause of that.

For example: I work on a project where a midi track in cubase is routed to a scope synth. The midi output in cubase is called "4-Scope PCI MIDI 1".
Then when i stop working on the track i close everything, and when i start working on the track again cubase tells me that this midi port is not found.
In cubase i must than take the midi port that has suddenly changed his name to "Scope PCI MIDI 1".

I hope i have explained it better now.
I defenitely have opened and routed everything alright, the problem is that when i open cubase it searches for midi ports, and it seams that the scope ones are called differently everytime i open cubase.

Thanks for your help so far.
Peace
garyb

Post by garyb »

i don't think i've ever seen that. something must be mucked up. that's not normal behavior. there is no standard "why" answer.

this is only a question, because it would seem there are strange bugs in Cubase, are there any cracks on your machine?
Dati

Post by Dati »

No not now, but I have to say that i had some installed before.
Please no judge, I just wanted to try vsts extensively before i now if they fit me.
Would be shity if this damaged my system!?
I have read about the same problem somwere else, i will try to find the thread.

And what about the click problem when i route midi to cubase, somone had this or has some sugestiones?

Thanks for help so far!
garyb

Post by garyb »

only the usual check of irqs and disabling of EIST etc in bios...