Luna with Scope 5.1 Midi Problem

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

topshit

Luna with Scope 5.1 Midi Problem

Post by topshit »

Hey guys!
Maybe it´s easy but i don´t find it.
Bevor i use a Pulsar with Scope 4.5 in XTC Mode. I load a minimal xtc project only with in-and outputs connected to asio and everything works. Now with Scope 5.1 with two Lunas the same way doesn´t work. Midi from Live doesn´t reach the Lunas. I can´t play a synth. The Midi "lamp" in Live doesn´t light when i play midinotes, but when i use a drumrack with midifiles from Live it works.

Very hopefull to find help,
Mischa
the19thbear

Re: Luna with Scope 5.1 Midi Problem

Post by the19thbear »

So you are saying that the midi signal from your keyboard into scope doesn't communicate with ableton live?
And you are using xtc mode?
Please post a screenshot of your xtcproject.pro file opened in scope.
topshit

Post by topshit »

Thanks again!

Yes, i use xtc and it´s activated in Scope.
At the moment i don`t use a midikeyboard, but i want to use a Korg microkontrol in the future. Midinotes i "paint" in Live don`t reach the Luna. So i try something else to test if other things working. I test a mastering tool and the sound is cut into peaces. And the audiofiles i use are crackling at the beginning of a new scene i start. After some seconds it´s o.k.
Attachments
XTC.doc
(73 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

For the crackling you need to raise your latency.
I dont remember the exact code, but you have to edit your cset.ini file located inside your scope directory ( again.. cant remember where... i stopped using xtc mode since its a bit buggy).

Search planetz for the words "xtc latency cset.ini" and you should find what you need.
-the midi problem sounds strange... do any of your normal vst's react to midi?
topshit

Post by topshit »

thanks!
latency fixing i know how to do. midi maybe is an live problem. i think i reinstall when i have the microkontrol. projrct file is o.k.?

cheers mischa
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

project file looks fine... if you dont use the midi in/outs on the luna card - otherwise you need to put midi source/dest modules.
topshit

Post by topshit »

O.K. it´s an usb keyboard. Get´s latency better with a faster computer? Now i use a pentium 4 3,2ghz.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

You can have low latency with xtc mode if you use only a few fx and synths - with your computer.
You have to do a test - load any of your projects and see what the minimum latency is before everything starts crackling.
-And YES your computer is old and you can get lower latency (probably 3ms) if you get a new computer - but again, it depends what plugins you use and how many.
topshit

Post by topshit »

The athlon 2500xp i used bevor was better than the p4 now. i thought more ghz is the more important feature from a computer, but now i know there are more things. But wich...Is an athlon 64 x2 a good step ( cheap to buy used) ? The motherboard performance is another importand feature from a computer. Did you have a tip for me.

cheers
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

If you want an AMD setup, i think you should message the user "ehasting" . he has first hand experience and might recommend a setup.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
topshit

Post by topshit »

Thank you, i try it!
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, the newer AMD system seem to work quite well, but the problem is NOT AMD vs. Intel.

have you studied this thread?:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7566
topshit

Post by topshit »

Thanks for the thread garyb, this is very helpfull!
I know it´s not athlon versus intel generaly, but the generations were different. Sometimes amd is better somtimes intel. amd athlon xp for me seems to be better to use with my scope system than an pentium 4 despide the fact that pentium 4 is newer.

Thanks to all of you guys!!!