Problems with Ableton 8 Intro

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Problems with Ableton 8 Intro

Post by garyb »

wow, if it's a realtime bounce and there are timing issues, it's got to be a setting in Live.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I think you probably have some delay in the track recording, but have auto-quantization on. And since the incoming audio is delayed by some amount of time, the quantization is now working against you in strange ways. There shouldn't be any odd timing like that. Make sure the track you recorded into doesn't have quantize and warp enabled.

The only other possibility I could think of is that your project is pushing the CPU limit of your system, and once you start recording, the timing of MIDI is effected by all the CPU over use in the system. But I don't think that's your problem, as you'd hopefully describe other issues like crackling audio and such.

Or maybe there is TONS of MIDI information being merged and sent across one single midi port. I don't think you'd hear that drastic of a difference, but it's also a possibility.
topshit

Post by topshit »

Thanks!
auto quantize and warp- it`s possible and i read i have to set the track quiet i record to. but i doesn`t do it, i know. When i record it the cpu use was around 5 % because i only play the kick. But ckrackling audio i have around 50% and i think it`s to early to have this. but that`s another problem.

check it out in the evening
thanks for helping to all of you!!!

Mischa
Tau

Post by Tau »

hi,

I have experienced what you are experiencing with Ableton. Its MIDI timing just sucks, I'm afraid... if you check out this thread you'll see some more info I collected on the subject: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29863

Good luck!

T
topshit

Post by topshit »

Thanks Tau!
For me abletons miditiming is much better than cubase sx my last daw. My problem is only to find out the right settings to resample. Turning off auto quantize is much better. The only problem after that is that the first kick is to late. The following kicks are in time now. I play arround with the driver compensation and turning off warp without an effect. But this i can handle by recording two loops and cut the first away.

Cheers,
Mischa
topshit

Post by topshit »

It was the fade funktion of the audio track.....

Thanks for all tips