Scope crashes just after start up

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

delron22

Scope crashes just after start up

Post by delron22 »

Guys,

I've had this issue for years now and I can live with it, but anyone else had this?

Clean build of XP Pro running scope 4, Just after boot if I right click anywhere Scope crashes, once re-loaded it remains stable no problem.

Clean re-build of XP running 4.5 same issue.

Just upgraded to 5 and uninstalled 4 and installed 5 but still the same issue although I cannot get it to crash by right clicking, it just seems to fall over about 10 minutes after start up. Once again once relaunched scope stays stable ongoing.

Any ideas??

Also I was told by the nice chaps in Germany on the phone that 5.1 64 bit is one month away (I'm deperate to rebuild to Windows 7). Is this likely to be many months away as other users are saying??? because if so, I'll make the jump to 32bit 7 and forget about it for the moment.

Thanks
the19thbear

Re: Scope crashes just after start up

Post by the19thbear »

They have been saying a month for a couple of months now :D
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

I would forget about Win 7 64bit for now. Or dual boot and use 32bit now and get a 64bit partition ready for whenever they release Scope 64bit. In fact I was told by SC that 64bit was imminent back in decewmber when I bought XITE-1, so who knows when it will be ready. I've decided not to worry about it for now and just wait till it is released. But for now Scope 5 running on Win 7 32bit works well for the most part, with the odd workaround for issues that will hopefully be fixed in the next big release :)
at0m

Post by at0m »

delron22 wrote:Just after boot if I right click anywhere Scope crashes, once re-loaded it remains stable no problem.
Hoi delron22,

Which project are you loading after the crash? The startup project? Or a new project?
Both can be saved as such from the Scope menu > Set > Settings > Projects, and they can be found on your drive here:
--> Scope 4 and 4.5:
%yourscopedir%\App\SFPApp\StartProject.pro
%yourscopedir%\App\SFPApp\NewProject.pro
--> Scope5:
%yourscopedir%\App\ScopeApp\StartProject.pro
%yourscopedir%\App\ScopeApp\NewProject.pro

Maybe something's wrong in your Scope startproject, Scope crashes when it loads and the icon is forgotten/remains in the tray untill the mouse hoovers above it. Now you know how to fix it, either from Scope or by putting a known good StartProject.pro.0 at StartProject.pro ... Load your StartProject once Scope is running and showing, like you would load any normal project, or by selecting from Scope's menu File > Startup. This can give you a clue on where/weither StartProject.pro fails.

Also, after boot, you can also start Scope with the StartProject, just make a copy of your Scope shortcut and edit the shortcut's properties so it runs "%yourscopedir%\App\Bin\Scope.exe -s" - just add the "-s".

I hope this helps,
at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

Thanks, somehow my StartProject.pro and NewProject.pro got corrupted and casues Scope to crash at startup. Removed those files and problem solved, and I could create a new StartProject.pro and NewProject.pro.

Where would I be without the Z :)