Problem by Demos Dowloadings

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Matti

Problem by Demos Dowloadings

Post by Matti »

Hi, After I dowloading exmp. demos (like DAS C150 DSP-Plug in) from Soniccore-website how can use or lessen those demos? The downloading make well and installed to Sonic-directory, but I can´t open it in any sofware like Adobe 3.0 and as effect, sampler etc. in Scope or Windows Mediaplayer?
I´m afraid that It´s same situation after I download the chargeable right version if I can´t installed this. Maybe I´m stupid, but I hope that anyone will help me.

Yours, Matti :-?
garyb

Re: Problem by Demos Dowloadings

Post by garyb »

the device file needs to be in an "effects" directory in Scope in order to use it as an insert in Scope. it needs to be in a "device" directory to put it in the routing window. any corresponding files must be in their proper folders(dsp files in the app/dsp folder and presets in the preset folder) for things to work. you can't open Scope devices inside native apps except in xtc mode and then, the xtc version of the device must be in the xtc folder....
Matti

Post by Matti »

Yah, Tanks! I will ask You is it benefit buy from net those DSP-Plugins Device at all? They are often external manufactured.
Yours Matti
garyb

Post by garyb »

ah yes, you need the Scope hardwware for them to be useful and YES! they're MORE than worth the price, for the most part. these are not like vsts(except for the highest quality vsts)....
Crickstone

Post by Crickstone »

What is your definition of the highest quality vst?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Algorhythmix SplitCompressor is a pretty amazing VST I have seen here in action.
More recently though is the Lexicon Reveb Bundle I demo'd for 14 days.
I have to admit the latest VST FX that have been designed to work with the i7 Memory controllers have definately got my attention.
It has the old PCM70 sound where it just wraps around your audio like a warm blanket.
No metallic tails. Just raw lush Lexicon algos.
They are not realistic, but I don't care. Once you hear Drums percussion or a Grand Piano through it you can't stop playing. Just beautiful.
Email LexiconPro and put attention to Tony and they should send back a 14 day demo.
But the plug is around 1100 USD even after you mention the NAMM discount.
They also claim the next revision will have zero zippers, so I will demo it again and if it is zipper free the price will be of no consequence.
After 11 years someone has really captured the PCM70.
There is also a cheap ass Reverb plug called Aether that costs 60 bucks and it sounds really good but only does the big Halls, etc. But for 60 bucks it is a great plug of you can't afford the high quality more editable plugs.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure, there are a number of high quality vsts such as kjaerhusen or voxengo or psp or sonalksis and many more. they're not cheap and they're not the kind of thing that can be used recklessly and one might still expect the sequencer to run.

algorythms are algorythms for the most part. the best algos are expensive in terms of compensation to the pro who wrote it, as well as processing resources. anyone with a good number of dsps need not comprimise quality in a mix just to avoid slow response, off-line processing, or dropouts. Scope plugins are very reasonably priced compared to their true competition, but the quality is as good as is available, at least for the optional(and many of the stock) ones.
Crickstone

Post by Crickstone »

I'm not jumping from the Sonic Core ship by any means, I was just curious if your interpretations of high end was the same as mine. I am going to demo the Lexicon just for fun, I'm not surprised at the price but then again it isn't a toy is it? Thanks Jimmy on the tip on the $60 reverb.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure. :lol:
it's just a public space, so i do the public blather...
Matti

Post by Matti »

:x Lexicon VST(Demos etc.) support not Adobe Audition 3.0 (I´m not sure?), but I will know if Scopes DSP-Plugs (like Das 5 Channel Reverb DSP Plug-in) is equivalent or better
than Lexicon? :roll:
garyb

Post by garyb »

Lexicon is Lexicon. the DAS is DAS, but yes, you could do great work with the DAS verb. the Ambient and Plate verbs(originally by Warp69 for SonicTimeworks) that are stock are as good as anybody's.

the compressors and eqs that are available for Scope are as good as anything out there.
astroman

Post by astroman »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:... There is also a cheap ass Reverb plug called Aether that costs 60 bucks and it sounds really good but only does the big Halls, etc. ...
do they have different versions ? I recently demoed something with that name and my mem (unreliable tho) suggests > $200 or so...
pretty fly for a white guy - so to say... and quite tweakable, liked the strange stuff it could do
but couldn't really keep up with my Arts Acoustic in definition
for 60 bucks it would be a no-brainer anyway :D

cheers, Tom

ps I meant this one, the page says $249