Good FX

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Subject: still not enough effects!

Although I agree with Kim (earlyfirst, timeworks), I still think there aren't enough prebuilt effects processors for Pulsar. The closest thing is the Zorba, but it's still pretty traditional and "sane" if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I purchased it and use it, but I really wish there was more. Especially effects written using something other than stock SCOPE atoms...

I also have the Obsidian Tubulator, and think it sounds pretty good. I wouldn't call it a "tube" really but I like it's tone anyway... Note, Obisidian now sells their products under the AnaFX name.

Post by Guest »

Being a newbie in Pulsar stuff (I'm running both a Pulsar1 and a Luna on my Athlon700 without major problems, except a blue screen at shutdown...), I was a bit disappointed by the sound quality of both the synths and the fx bundled with Pulsar. There's hundreds of different plugins out there, but I don't really have the time to download all demos and freebies to check them out. That's why I'd like to know which devices (in your opinion) I should take a closer look at. I'm looking for:

- Reverb
- Delay
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser etc.
- Compressor
- EQs
- Distortion
- Filter
- Synths
- Samplers (btw how are the STS samplers, filters etc ?)

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Good FX

wavelength , zarg, and orbitone devices rule... i dont care what rme-man says about them....

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Good FX

Early first,DSP devises,Timeworks make good effects.

Kim