Pulsar1 Board work under Linux? (by Bass303)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

totally tired of Windows Me /98/95
i was asking myself Could the pulsar work under linux?
so i could make a kernel especially for the pulsar board.
i never seen anyone complaining about
non linux compatability and i know most of the other software wont work under linux but i was just asking

Post by Guest »

Subject: you're joking, right?

what audio software would you even use under linux? i don't think any proaudio artist uses linux, and there is a reason for this.

but, to answer your question, of course not. no linux drivers, since there isn't a major sequencer for linux (but i am 100% sure they would port to linux if Steinberg and/or Emagic ported their sequencers)
Mo

Post by Mo »

Subject: linux is open source. so why not just try?

so you can write your own program.
of course it´s not by far as professional as a steinburg or emagic sequencer, but why not?

i would be very interested in that - next year in school i´ll learn how to handle the kernel, and i hope to learn something about dsp untill that.

gruß,
Mo

Post by Guest »

Subject: That's the spirit !

I think you are in for a extremely difficult and huge job (GUI, drivers, devices), but go for it, Pulsar on linux would be fun to try, and you would have something to break the ice with (Emagic, steinberg etc.)

Cheers
Stubbe
Mo

Post by Mo »

Subject: pulsar @ linux

fortunately these jobs aren´t handled by one person (well, usually ;)
but i think after the next two years visiting that school i´ll have the capacities (and knowhow) to do such things in a professional way.

perhaps i´ll have to learn that linux is absolutely unable to handle pulsar and an audio/midi-sequencer for good...

however, till then i hope there will be some people finding together to help - so a pulsar-linux-usergroup could develope, distribute and support an alternative to what´s given us by creamware, if it´s possible.

gruß,
Mo