help...audio distortion

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

chippie

Post by chippie »

i have been using pulsar over a year now with relatively few problems. now all of a sudden i am having a problem: when mixing down several tracks in cubase, everything sounds fine unless i move the mouse pointer inside the pulsar window, resulting in loud distorted pops and clicks sounds, ripping distorted sounds, not typical pops and clicks. i can move all over inside of cubase, open close windows in cubase, with no problems, but slightest movement in pulsar is making noise, none of which is visible in cubase, only begins appearing in the pulsar mixer. this is only using one stereo track out of cubase via asio2, then to pulsar dynamixer then analog out , all tracks are mixed down inside cubase. does anybody have this problem, or any suggestions on how to fix it? thanks in advance....

Post by Guest »

Subject: "Play Audio In Background"

playing back audio is very computer intensive. it requires a lot of your CPU power, and most of your hard disk's bandwidth (depending on number of tracks).

if you have cubase in the background (as you will if you have pulsar in the front), then cubase doesn't get CPU priority, Pulsar does, resulting in the clicks you describe. quite simple really.

so how do you fix it? there is a setting in cubase called "Play Audio In Background" somewhere in the settings (dunno where, since I use Logic). Turn it on. Now cubase will still have CPU priority, even when it is not the application in focus.

Post by Guest »

Subject: thanks, it worked!!