Wav file batch processing

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soylent.green

Wav file batch processing

Post by soylent.green »

Hi everybody,

here's my problem - I want to sample a given drumkit and want to load it sample by sample into STS4000.

To be precise the drum kit is coming from a synth, my problem has nothing to do with choosing the right mics or recording-room or whatsoever plays a role in sampling a real drum kit...

I've allready recorded the whole kit into a single wav file and then extracted regions - each region is a single instrument of the kit.
The regions are stored as individual files on my harddisc. The only problem is that all the files have the same "MIDI Unity Note" which means that drag&drop into STS4000 results in a new entry in the keygroup list, yet this entry has the same "note" then it's predecessors. They are all mapped to "C3".
1.) Is there any free open source batch processing tool which could give me a helping hand in setting the correct (at least a different) midi note for each of my samples? It shoud do it like this: The File with number X in my batch list should get a MIDI unity note of f(X)...
I've tried SOX but I haven't found a way to do it with that tool. (Buying sourceforge, wavlab or adobe audition is no option).
2.) May be I could use a completly different approach - maybe STS4000 has some features that would help me?

Thanks for your recommendations!

CU
Peter