wav files in sts4000

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fevertrax

Post by fevertrax »

hey!
i ahve been using the sts 4000 sampler a lot these days...mainly for drum kits...but there is one question I have...why is it that i am unable to drag some of the .wav files i have into the sampler?...i know files i have are good..they look and sound fine when played through other software..what am i missing?

Post by Guest »

Subject: This might help

I run Pulsar om a Mac and i have to add .wav to the filename. Otherwise it wont load.Took me a while to figure it out. Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Oh boy, you can do that

you can drop wav file on the sts (at least in the PC version / Pulsar OS version 2.01).

walkthru:
1: create a new program from the sts main panel
2: create a new key group
3: clic on keygroup "zones" menu
4: drag your .wav from the file browser of the pulsar enviroment to one of the four blank keygroup zones.
5: adjust root key, ind. out, tune, whatever for every wave you dragged.

easy eh???

note that you can still save the created sts program (.p file) and maintain the samples to wav. right click on the program Save or Save As... the program will be saved as .p file, the samples remain standard .WAV file (handy if u want to moify them with an external editor).
fevertrax

Post by fevertrax »

Subject: ok ..dude i know how to that...

what i was asking why SOME are not working...and SOME do

thanks though...i run pulsar on pc...and it is not the .wav problem

Post by Guest »

Subject: I've never been able to do so

I've never been able to load a Wav file into the STS. I think you don't have any other choice, but to convert your Wav files into AKAI S1000 files. This is done with a program called "S1000 Program maker for Creamware Pulsar", you'll get it here:

http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/akai/

You have another program called Awave, which also converts your Wav into AKAI samples. Hope this answers your question. I've try to load Wav samples in many ways, but it was useless. So we need to convert.

Nestor

Post by Guest »

Subject: extra header information causes WAV to not load

SoundForge defaults to "Save Header Information in .WAV" when you save your WAV files.

The STSx000 doesn't understand this non-standard header information, and refuses to load them.

Solution: When you save your .WAV using any audio program, be sure to set "Save Header Information" to "None" or "Nothing." Also, as mentioned, your .WAV files must end in ".wav" for them to even be seen by Pulsar.

Post by Guest »

Subject: you can! load wav files

hi nestor,
sorry, but you are wrong. first i thought the same and was confused and angry, but than i read the manual and it works, you just have to know. ;)

follow the instructions deelan gave in the other mail.

have fun +

play

Post by Guest »

Subject: Silly boy

Thank you very much Playback… And don't be sorry, I'm the one who's sorry for been so slow, because I actually read the manual several times, but didn't understand. Of course, it is a language matter, but… boy… herrmmm…

I'm glad it works, thanks very much for the explanation, I'm going to try it right away.

Nestor