Pulsar+Luna doesn't work. Windows only rec Luna Play/Rec 1

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

I have a Pulsar and Luna setup. From a fresh computer I install Windows and then Pulsar 2.04, Luna 2.04 and drivers. Windows only seems to recognise the Luna card as an Audio output/input and Midi output/input. I.e. you open Control Panel and go into Multimedia, look in the audio tab, and the only outputs/inputs available are the Luna ones. What am I doing wrong? No matter in which order I install everthing the Pulsar I/Os don't show up. If I remove the Luna driver the problem rectifies and the Pulsar I/Os come up in the Multimedia Properties, Audio tab and hence can be used by cubase. Don't know what to do. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Pulsar+Luna doesn't work. Windows only rec Luna Play/R

The Creamware cards have 16 stereo driver I/Os no matter how many cards you have (I don't know about Scope). The driver I/Os have nothing to do with the physical I/Os of the cards. The physical I/Os are all available in the Pulsar environment. The Luna environment should also be available but I think it offers only the Luna connectors. Atleast my Pulsar/Elektra setup works this way.

Post by Guest »

Subject: use pulsar

you'll probably want to be using *JUST* the pulsar software, and load the LUNA drivers and devices inside the pulsar software. This includes Luna Audio I/O drivers, and Luna Mixers. (Look in PulsarDevicesWindows Devices and PulsarDevicesHardware Devices).

So, make a Pulsar project which has all the Pulsar I/O you want, and all the Luna I/O. You need this loaded at all times for Windows to see the drivers -- the Pulsar/SCOPE system is modular, and you can actually remove the drivers from the project if you don't need them. Be sure all the drivers are loaded in a Project *BEFORE* loading your sequencer.

All your I/Os should now be available inside your sequencer...