Concidering purchase of Luna 2 (by nuence)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Hello all,
Like my subject says I am concidering purchasing the Luna 2, But I have a few question that I need answers for first..
I am wondering exactly how many effects on how many channels the Luna will be able to handle without a problem, I know that it all depends on which effects u use, but what I am looking for is a rough estimate.. Like what I would like to be able to achieve is say 16 channels of audio all with a EQ and say 5 with compressor, and a couple with a reverb, chorus or delay.. Is this possible?

I am also wondering if it would be possible to properly run one of the DSP synths with the luna while also taking care of 5-10 audio channels with Eq and Compressor.

Am I dreaming or are these questions of mine a possibilty, if not is there any other card (in this price range), creamware or not that would be able handle my requests and not let me down.

Thanks for any help or advice.

nuence

Post by Guest »

Subject: Just wanna thanks u guys for your input..

I think I am going to go for it, and buy myself the Luna.. So I hope u guys are goona be ready for me when I come back here with questions in the future. hehehe.. But anyway I do appreciate the help.

nuence

Post by Guest »

Subject: really close

you could get really close to doing everything you describe; i can do this on a 4-sharc PulsarI setup, no problems, but you may have to share a few compressors on AuxSend/Return loops to maximize your (limited) DSP with a LunaII. There is nothing that comes close to what LunaII does at all, the closest thing is a 1.3Ghz Athlon and a Hammerfall Lite card, but you'd be missing the routing of the Pulsar/SCOPE platform. a LunaII is an awesome card, and it will probably make you want more SCOPE technology...

Post by Guest »

Subject: once again

sorry, if i bore you, but please make a test, if the luna card and the luna mixer is in phase. if there are apearing any corelation probs, i would really apreciate to read a trhead from you about this. if you don´t know how to make this test, i can give you some advice.

greetings, felix

Post by Guest »

Subject: phase???

i was also thinking of that, so i would like to post you a question:

did you also made some tests (thinking about the "little phase problem" we have in pulsar big mixer) if the luna mixing board is in correct phase. since i work often for radio stations, the mono compatibility is still very important to me.

bye, felix

Post by Guest »

Subject: One More

Hi there once again,

I am wanting to know if it is possible to add one of the Pulsar or Scope SRB boards to the Luna 2 to give me extra DSP power, if so how much money am I looking at in canadian dollars for on of these boards.

Thanks again,

nuence

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: One More

sure*

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: One More

you defiitely can add more many more. price I'm not sue on.

Sincerely
betman