Configurating the Pulsar 2 (by Dr.Strangelove)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

I've just bought me a Pulsar 2 card and it got me a little puzzled. It work's great in the Pulsar Environment, but I can't get it to work properly with other software. All software that support (I have not tried Cubase) ASIO, like Orion Pro and Unity DS-1 give me a Scope ASIO option (is this right) but when I try to use this there's no sound. The DS-1 says I'm not running any ASIO ports in the current window project when I try to configure the ASIO settings. I've experimented with different settings in the WinStartP2 file, but nothing I do seems to make any
difference. When I try to run the software with directX drivers I've got a latency of +300 ms before thing sounds right witch make the card useless for live stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Configurating the Pulsar 2

You probably have done this but i thought i'd check - You have pulled both ASIO source and Dest modules into your pulsar project?

Post by Guest »

Subject: Yep.

Done this and it does not make any difference. I've even tried removing all ASIO stuff from the WinStartP2 file, and still the SCOPE ASIO driver shows up in DS-1 and ORION Pro.

Post by Guest »

Subject: I forgot...My system specs.

I'm running the Pulsar 2 on an ASUS A7Pro mainboard with a Thunderbird 1000 Mhz prosessor, 384 Mb ram, Matrox G450 32Mb graphic card and Windows Me. I don't think resources should be a problem.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: I forgot...My system specs.

ASio SCOPE is the driver you should use

Post by Guest »

Subject: ASIO Scope Driver is correct.

Remember, EVERY new Creamware product is based on SCOPE technology. They use a unified-driver-architecture probably not unlike nVIDIA uses with all their TNT/TNT2/Geforce cards, one driver for all cards :)

1. So, load ASIO2 modules into your Pulsar Project.

2. Use the Scope ASIO driver in your programs.

3. Be sure to CONNECT WIRES from the ASIO2 to a mixer, or directly to an output that is connected to your speakers, so you can hear them. Simply having ASIO2 modules loaded in Pulsar won't do anything, you have the power of routing them anywhere! Use it wisely :)