Your opinion on the VM200

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

flint
Your opinion on the VM200
Thu Feb 8 10:28:31 2001

Hello, I think of buying a VM200 can you say to yourself your impressions(printings) on his(her) subject. A good console is it, converters are good quality, which are his(her) defects; in advance thank you.

flint (france)

Post by Guest »

Subject: fostex VM200

I own one and it is pretty good for the money you pay for it. It is 20bit (not 24bit) and the AD seems alright, but the cool thing i it has motorized faders (but I haven't seen any support for it in sound diver or sequencing programs) and has ADAT inferface at factory. It also has effects but I havent tried them yet. I found it easy to setup the VM200 for recording to Pulsar and it seem like an acceptable solution for the Pulsar.

NOTE: anyone have some hints on how to the faders to control a sequencer (I use digital performer)?

Post by Guest »

Subject: RE VM200

I thank you for your fast answer, but I did not completely understand, the VM200 can not so pilot in noon a mixing desk of the pulsar (or of a séquencer as cubase or cakewalk) or conversely?

Post by Guest »

Subject: VM200

I have one for test right now and I'm waiting for my ordered optical cables to arrive. Is is possible to do a setup where the VM200 acts as a 8-channel A/D and 8-channel D/A converter? The A/D seems to be easy but the D/A seems a bit tricky. Is it possible to route two channels to Stereo out, two to Rec out/Aux 3-4, two to Aux 1-2 and two to Monitor out?

The converters should be 24 bit, otherwise the console seems a great option for it's price.