Logic 5 Platinum Issue

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

The Z Station

Post by The Z Station »

Gents and Ladies (if any),

I've solved this problem before but now I can't remember how I fixed it. It's been a few years since I've touched my DAW. Now that I'm getting back into it, I started having issues with LAP5.

When recording, there is about a 30 second pause before it srtarts recording anything. I've checked all the parameters but all looks fine.

I tried searching for the solution first but doesn't seem to yield anything.

Any suggestions?

Thaks much!
miguel

Post by miguel »

Hi, from the Logic FAQ:

6.27 When I hit 'record', Logic takes very long before it starts recording (PC)

This delay happens when you mix NTFS and FAT32 partitions in certain combinations.. Convert all of your drives to NTFS and you shouldn't have this problem anymore. Then Win98 can't read those harddisk partitions though.

Go to Start / Help and search for "Convert NTFS": all you have to do is open a command prompt (start/run/command) then type:
convert (driver letter): /fs:ntfs

Example: "convert c: /fs:ntfs"

Or maybe this one:

6.26 When punching-in, Logic glitches and audio pauses before recording starts

If "punch on the fly" (in the main Audio menu) is not checked that is the expected behavior. Check "punch on the fly". And: do not use the regular "Record" command, but use "Record Toggle" instead.

Note that this method of recording takes up more disk space:

With punch on the fly enabled, Logic is always recording for any record-enabled tracks, even while just in "play" mode. Then when you hit "record toggle" it defines a region start in the Arrange, and when you hit stop (or "record toggle" a second time) it defines a region end.

If you play and punch in/out, then lengthen the region boundaries after recording you'll see that it was actually recording the whole time. So having punch on the fly enabled can make for much larger audio files than you might expect, depending on how long you let it roll before/after a punch.

The Logic FAQ is here: http://logicfaq.omega-art.com/

Good Luck!
The Z Station

Post by The Z Station »

Great, thanks Miguel!

I'll give this a try. That "punch on the fly" sounds familiar, too... I have to relearn Logic again...

Cheers!
~Z