Creamware makes my PC break dowm

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

try some other demanding tasks, such as a demanding game or similar. i suspect this might be something else rather than your scope card.
andrew

Post by andrew »

yues i recommend keeping a clean set of irqs. the planetz guys have helped me before to get that all sorted.

Andrew
garyb

Post by garyb »

On 2005-10-13 07:15, Luschrusch wrote:
Yes it was a problem with the irq, i solved it already, its written that there are no conflicts with other stuff.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luschrusch on 2005-10-13 07:27 ]</font>
where does it say "no conflicts"? if you're speaking of the device manager, then you still need to check the spot it told you to check before.

you CAN disable mpu401 safely. that is the midi driver for the built in sound card thru the joystick port. it's not needed.

it's possible that your controller is causing the freeze by transmitting midi clock or active sensing because the continuous stream of data is filling the card's midi buffer. some controllers seem to make problems. if so, you must a)disable the unessessary data on the controller, b)use a hardware midi filter BEFORE the card or c) use a different controller. of course, you could just use a different midi interface and get midi to scope through the sequencer...
Luschrusch

Post by Luschrusch »

Well, I finally turned off the Firewire that was also on IRQ 20 but it didn't change anything. Unfortunately!
Are there other changes I have to make?

garyb said:
<font size=-1>[it's possible that your controller is causing the freeze by transmitting midi clock or active sensing because the continuous stream of data is filling the card's midi buffer. some controllers seem to make problems. if so, you must a)disable the unessessary data on the controller, b)use a hardware midi filter BEFORE the card or c) use a different controller. of course, you could just use a different midi interface and get midi to scope through the sequencer...]</font>

Thank you for your help
Which changes I have to make. In my "controller settings" there's:
The sampler or synth i've changed last
001-119; just 001 or nothing is occupied
the MIDI channel of it
Learn 17 ("controller number")
And use MIDI Device is on.

Should I link my STM 1632 (Mixer) Midi in or doensn't change this anything?

I'll try to phone once to the creamware hotline today, it's not so cheap but I'll have to fix this s***!
Greets

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luschrusch on 2005-10-14 07:36 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's not about settings in scope.

to quote myself:
turning off the midi echo function, midi clock and active sensing on the keyboard is the first priority. if that is not possible, an external(between the midi out of the keyboard and midi in on the card) midi filter is preferable. if that's not available, then use the scope midi filter between the scope(or pulsar or luna)midi source and the sequencer midi destination. filter midi clock and active sensing particularly. USE THE MIDI MONITOR to see what is being transmitted to the scope card by the controller.

AND

what is sharing an irq with your scope card?
go to start/programs/accessories/system tools/system information and click hardware resouces and the conflicts/sharing and tell me what you see if there's a creamware or scope entry.

if you give me answers to my questions and follow my directions and it STILL doesn't work, we can begin looking at hardware defects in motherboard and memory(highly doubtful). but these first two issues must be dealt with FIRST. turning off firewire is great, but if that's not the exact problem, then all you did was disable a service for nothing.
Luschrusch

Post by Luschrusch »

To garyb, thank you
I send you an email with two screenshots that may hope you more than my english and perhaps show you some more of my problem.
thedavewalker

Post by thedavewalker »

Have you tried moving your creamware cards around?

Solved it for me, see:-
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=32&9