unexpected DSP overload!

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

chazbloke

Post by chazbloke »

hmmm - not seen this before, keeps appearing when i use Cubase or try and load a new device into a project.

"Unexpected DSP overload!

If this message continues to appear, please consult the Support section of the manual for advice on how to handle this problem.
Choose to cancel the change the project before reselecting the frequency sample rate settings."

did have problems before with the SCOPE ASIO driver, but that was new build issue(s)
had it all going for a week or two and now this has popped up.
no additaional windows software installed since i first got it going again.
had started and finnished a project with no problems.....

any suggestions?
sky

Post by sky »

Hello.
I have the same pop-up problem when my card receive a external S/Pdif signal from my DAT.
I use this connection for a while, but i never saw this before. And the DSP is only charged with a mixer 1632 and some software connections.

Any idea's??
garyb

Post by garyb »

there are a number of things that can cause that message. EXACTLY what are your system specs and what is in your projects and how many asio channels are running?
chazbloke

Post by chazbloke »

ooh, this isnt good!

i think i've narrowed it down to an actual hardware problem :sad:

all problems began after i put in new screens into my studio and had to get round the back of the pc to plug them in....
start pc up, scope failed to load - do rebuild 'cos i thought that would sort and i really needed to do it anyway, so wasnt too upset :wink:, didnt work...
so, i took pc apart to put pulsar card into another pci slot, sorted.

then i was round the back of the pc to plug in some RCA cables into the break-out cable to record some stuff from my decks......i recall,at some point, pulling the RCA cables a bit too far and then SCOPE wouldnt load again and this DSP overload problem came up.

quick wiggle of the break-out cable, scope loads, wiggle again, DSP overload, wiggle again, scope loads, wiggle again, DSP overload...heh!

but never mind, i'm running again and i've sorted my cables now so i dont have to venture round the back of the pc again.
odd one!
garyb

Post by garyb »

your cable whip may need repair. also, the solder connects on the card's connector could be cracked. if it doesn't give you any more grief, i'd leave it alone for the moment.