asio scope setup.

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

chazbloke

Post by chazbloke »

hi,
have re-installed my setup: pulsar + cubase sx 2 and scope v4.
i used to have no problem with the asio setup & cubase, run 8 bus(s) out of cubase into pulsar, out of the a-dat into yamaha 01v.
but now i cant get cubase to use the asio scope, when i change to it (device setup, vst multi track), it says asio scope could not be released...
i installed scope v4 first and then cubase, have tried re-installing etc, seating card in diff PCI slot, checked all the IRQs for anything sharing the pulsar's - the SFP platform starts up and i can add ASIO software i/o etc..
any ideas?
cheers,
Chaz.
chazbloke

Post by chazbloke »

meh - didnt mean "release" problem (woz reading these forums half the night yest and posted at work today, got confused!)

error really says:
"the asio driver ASIO SCOPE could not be loaded"

have just copied back my previous SFP projects, so that i could load up the original settings i had when this was all working (so this answers the question regarding whether i'm setup there OK)

get same error with Nuendo 2 as well :|
garyb

Post by garyb »

try checking the driver for the card in the device manager(control panel/system/device manager). possibly, uninstalling there and using the found new device function on reboot will set things straight.
chazbloke

Post by chazbloke »

just re-formatted and it's all working again.
cheers for the advice those who posted :smile:
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

So what was the problem?
Maybe residuals in the registry?
Anyway, good that it works again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisWerner on 2005-03-05 05:29 ]</font>