So, which config to make It work well? (by iznogood)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

So, can someone tell me what mobo shouls I use If I want to run 2 pulsars (I think of buying a second board) in order to record 32 tracks at once without crash (If it's possible???)

Post by Guest »

Subject: first of all....

hi,
first: what do you want to do? you want to record (!) 32 tracks with pulsar? or do you want to work with 32 tracks audio in one arrangement? this are very different specs!??

so: if you want to record 32 tracks, that´s not possible by the way ( :)))) ) because you have only 24 inputs at pulsar , hohoho! sorry, but 32 tracks should be possible in most systems today... the most problem always is, how you are working!? that means: do you use more plugins in your recording programm, are you using reverbplugins, are you using additional softwaresynths in your sequenzer?

anyway: with any system today-it should be possible to sende 32 tracks audio through pulsar if asio is allowing that much in your system! i thought you can only send 24 if you have one pulsarcard!? i have to check this!....

bye

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: (I already got a pulsar into)- I forgot to say it

Post by Guest »

Subject: I think about putting a pulsar XTC in the PC

But I fear trouble about PCI overflow...
I'll have already to change my mobo for smth else than a via chipset... maybe AMD 750 or 760...
and I think of using RAID controller?...

Post by Guest »

Subject: you can find help about all this stuff at rme-audio.com!!

hi,

if you want to know more about that ugly hardwareproblems read the faqs at rme. they know much about troubles in computing systems and give a lot of tips....

i think via is already not that good... but: read about it and lern the rest...

good luck

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: 32Trks

For a lot of audio recording I like a MB with built-in SCSI. For a lot of tracks SCSI rules. The 1500RPM Seagate Cheetah is amazing. Some people like the Promise Fastrack raid controller with 2 IBM 7200 RPM drives, although the SCSI (to me at least) seems more solid.

The drive throughput is most important!

Anyway with a good SCSI 160 setup, 32tracks is no problem (Vegas, Cool Edit, Samplitude) I havent had as good success with a lot of audio tracks in Logic, but 16 trks and a ton of MIDI are OK.

So check out ASUS and TYAN.
EddieK

Post by Guest »

Subject: SCSI and IDE for audio

U R not right about SCSI. First of all the best for audio recording with Pulsar is ATA100 IDE drives (only I815 chipset), because its absolutely independent from PCI bus and faster than regular SCSI. SCSI 160 much better, but reaches the PCI bandwich too fast, and unusable with Pulsar, or any other Creamware`s card.