Luna II spesific questions

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

I hope I can find some answers to my questions

My computer is a PIII-800, 256Mb RAM, BX440. Please base your answers on this configuration and take into account that a software sequencer like Reason or Cakewalk 9 or other will always be running and that another software like Soundforge5 will have to record the whole project. (So, take into account the sequencer for playback, the mixer of creamware with fx/channel and finally the recording software).

1. Can you please give me some accurate info on how many channels with compressor + equalizer can be used by the mixer of Luna II and the same for Luna II + SRB, without any performance problem, without any glitch and audio artifacts? Also, how much CPU usage (%) would be required for this mixer? This is a very direct question and it requires a very direct answer.

2. How much improvement should someone expect from a 128Mb upgrade of ram, on the system mentioned before, in relation to channels, compressors equalizers etc. More precisely, how many additional compressors and/or equalizers could be loaded on the mixer of your answer to the 1st question? Direct enough question.

3. Assuming that someone wants to make a recording with Soundforge of a project that includes, 14 channels, 14 equalizers and 8 compressors for mixing 14 channels of audio from a sequencer like Cakewalk or Reason which card or combination of cards would you suggest:
· A: Luna II
· B: Luna II + SRB
· C: Luna II + Pulsar I
· D: Luna II + Pulsar II
· E: Luna II + Luna II
· F: No Luna card is good enough for this project.
· G: Other suggestions

4. How much CPU usage (%) does the Luna II mixer require to run the 24- channel mixer with at least 1 equalizer on each channel?

5. Will it be possible to run some softsynths that require cpu power with the Luna II or the mixer of the card will take all the cpu power not letting any for the softsynths?

Thank you very much.