Pulsar and Logic (mac) Please Help!!

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

xact sound

Post by xact sound »

Hi,
I just switched from pc to dual 1ghz mac.
I have two questions:
1. How to make pulsar load automaticly after reboot. I never see scope logo next to a clock apearing.

2. In Logic I am able to select Creamware ASIO driver but the clock source field is (----) without other options.

I'm still waiting for 1gig of ram to arive, so far I only have 256mgb. Could that be the reason for both of the problems?

I would greatly appreciate any addvice.

THanks.

Sasha
astroman

Post by astroman »

welcome Sasha,

snside your Mac's system folder there's a folder called 'startup items'. Just put an alias of the SFP application inside that folder. I'm not running SFP on the Mac, but that's the usual way.

Can't tell about the Logic clock thing, but the amount of Ram is fairly unimportant for the basic operation of a Mac.
What kind of chips did you order ?
Be prepared to trouble if this is 'non-Apple' Ram. I just mention it because sometimes it's difficult (or impossible) to get mem chips exchanged, depending where you bought that stuff.
The Dual 1 Gig is a bitch regarding those chips - it will accept and boot up with almost anything plugged in, but later will produce the most wierd errors one can imagine.

cheers, Tom
xact sound

Post by xact sound »

Thanks for reply Tom.
I have ordered ram from Omni Technologies on Ebay, thay sell ram for specificly for that mac (I hope).

As far as a start up, will it just open Pulsar as soon as os loads or it will run on a background like winstart.pro in windows.

Thanks again.

Sasha
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i thought they'd got rid of that background project thing a while ago on both versions of SFP - i always found it more of a pain than of any use anyway. The way i work is to assign SFP to F1 and just launch it with one key press, then assign VST (Logic in your case) to F2 and launch that, i don't like auto launch stuff i have to say.

Have you checked that the files: alloc, Creamware ASIO, Creamware audio are in the Extensions folder?
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

The clock source field usually just shows "-------" in Logic when you change the ASIO drivers to Creamware but if you'll reenter into Logic Audio Drivers menu you will notice the text changes to syncing with Creamware. At least it does on my system.
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2003-10-28 23:51, xact sound wrote:
2. In Logic I am able to select Creamware ASIO driver but the clock source field is (----) without other options.
Don't bother if you don't see any options - you can't change the sync from Logic - the only option is SFP and its settings but I'd suggest you first close Logic before changing the slave/master setting in your SFP software. It's the same if you want to change the samplerate. Don't change it from within Logic - you will end with a hanging system. So, any changes to clock/samplerate is done in SFP and remember to have the Logic closed during the operations :smile:

Cheers