Pulsar, GigaSampler & Reaktor Help!!! (by Yuyo)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Please help! i have 2 questions for those who use GigaSampler and those who use Reaktor.

Which is the advantage of using GigaSampler with Pulsar if you already have the STS4000? More voices at once? More instruments? What exactly are the advantages?

Same question with Reaktor, which are the advantages working with Pulsar if you already have so many synthesisers within Pulsar itself? Again, more voices? More instruments at once, what?

I'm looking for more flexibility in sound and creation. Thanks Yuyo

Post by Guest »

Subject: Giga, Reaktor, Pulsar

1. Gigasampler streams sound from the disk drive. The size of an instrument can be measured in multiple gigabytes. The STS samplers are limited by your system RAM. That's why it's suggested that you dedicate a whole computer to Gigasampler.

2. Comparing creating synths in Pulsar's Modular II and in Reaktor: I'd say it's easier to create a very, very complex instrument in Reaktor and view all the modules, pieces, connections, etc. on a moderate sized screen. In Pulsar's Modular II you have one screen to place all of the pieces and it can much more messy than in Reaktor, especially if you're viewing all the virtual patch cables at once.

3. Sound quality: They all have slightly different electronic qualities but I would say overall that each product's sound quality is excellent in its own way.

If you're a very bright sound designer you could probably use just one out of Reaktor, Pulsar (Modular II) or Gigasampler and come up with all the sound you ever needed but in the world of music "you can't eat just one." :-)

Post by Guest »

Subject: gigasampler

i think no sampler can beat gigasampler, because you havo no memory prolbems, the interface for creating instruments is very simple and you have lots of degrees of freedom.

Post by Guest »

Subject: how do i assign voices to ind.outs? (notxt)

Post by Guest »

Subject: it's simple

ni pulsar you dragndrop the gsif surce, and you can assign up to 32 channels.
in giga there is a menu in which you choouse the output driver, and you can assign a separate output to each of the sixteen gigasampler channel.
very very easy!

Post by Guest »

Subject: oh... (; thanks... (notxt)